Bonding

A day has passed after Goku came back to the ship. He woke up and went to have breakfast, and when he found out that Zuko was with them. "You are back! Tell me, did you get stronger? Did you defeat the Avatar? Wait ... You finally left your hair to grow!", the great emotion that Goku had to make the crew smile, the only one that was not smiling was Zuko himself. Azula just told Goku to calm down as he will be tired after the fight against the Avatar because Zuko could kill him. Goku was surprised that Zuko had chosen to kill the Avatar, but his sister told him, it was needed to finish the war.

On one of the nights, on their way back home, Goku decided to go to the deck for a while, then he saw Zuko and Mai kissing, which confused Goku. "Why would they do that?" though Goku, then Azula appeared from his back

- You know that is bad manners to eyedrop, other people.

- Oh! that wasn't my intention. I was just wondering why were they kissing?

- That is what couples do.

- Couples?

- They are going to be married, remember.

- Oh yeah. But I do not remember seeing our parents doing that.

- Well, I guess that they did not show it off in public like them.

After that Goku saw how Zuko and Mai entered the same room, and that made him have more questions, but when he wanted to ask his sister, she was no longer there. Goku ended up confused about that subject, but he decided to talk about it with another person later.

Once they returned to the Fire Nation, Azula and Goku went to the Fire Lord Hall, where Azula told her father and other generals that were present how Zuko killed the Avatar.

- Azula, Goku. Give me your mission report.

- While in the Earth Kingdom, we were able to capture the Kiyoshi Warriors. Thanks to Goku's plan, I was able to infiltrate inside and sized the power, and Zuko was able to corner the Avatar. I was amazed by the determination, power, and ferocity he showed up, and without hesitation or help, he slew the Avatar.

Fire Lord Ozai smirk while the other generals were also happy, and some of them were proud of Goku to see that he was able to come up with a plan like that, as they remember him to be a great warrior but a poor strategist.

- I expect your written report with the details, but right now, It is a moment for celebration: the family is together again.

After a few days, in the main square, there was a celebration for the comeback of Azula, Goku, and Zuko, but Goku did not appear in the main spot as he was left behind when the fight against the Avatar broke up, neither when Azula took over Ba Sing Se. Instead, he was standing at the right side of his father, the Fire Lord Ozai. Ozai was pleased with Goku as he seems to be the mastermind of the capture of Ba Sing Se and the attack against the Avatar, although he thinks that he should be more assertive so he can take the credit, that helped out, so his real kids were the ones that were celebrated. Both were watching the ceremony from the window of one room at the top of the building. Goku was smiling at all the ovation his siblings were receiving from the Fire Nation citizens that were there. Then Ozai started to talk with Goku:

- Even when you are not there, you still need a reward.

- Thanks, but more than a reward, I have a question.

Goku answered his father and turn to see him, while Ozai was still watching the sea of people in front of him.

- On our way back, I saw Zuko and Mai together. Azula told me that they were doing some things because they will get married. How come only Zuko knows with who will he get married? Is that something you choose? or do people have to choose it for you?