Chapter 1: Part 3

It took us a while to find the ballroom, but once we did we set our stuff down near the wall and we sat there talking.

Once it had gotten dark, I went to the bathroom and changed into my pajamas, but I kept my black fedora on, so as to not let anyone see my uhh...Fauna ears.

It's kinda sad that I don't know what kind of Fauna I am. I thought as I shook my head.

I sat in my sleeping bag and dozed off for a while until I woke up to some girl saying,"Hello!" really loudly.

She walked over to the girl next to me, who had gold eyes and a black bow and a book, and said,"I believe you to may know each other."

She said pointing at her, presumably, friend.

The girl who was reading replied,"Aren't you the girl that exploded?".

I interrupted, remembering the explosion earlier.

"Wait, so, you..." I pointed at the girl who had short black hair and red highlights.

"...were the one who caused that explosion?" I asked, confused.

"Um...yeah?" She answered.

"Okay...then, I've been wondering what that was." I said.

"So...who're you guys?" The girl with long blond hair asked.

"Huh?...oh, I'm Omega, and this is Gabe."I said, pointing at Gabe who was to my left.

He looked up and said,"Hey, what's up?"and continued to try to sleep.

"See..." the blonde said, looking at her friend.

"...That's two more friends already." She turned to us again.

"I'm Yang, this is my sister, Ruby." I looked at her in disbelief.

"Hold up!...what? You to look nothing alike!...Sorry...Hello...Ruby, hello Yang. It is a pleasure to meet you guys." I greeted.

Welp, that was weird, I never expected them to be sisters, they look nothing alike,

'Well...' I thought to myself '...at least I made some new friends today.'

They turned to the person to my right.

Yang asked her,"So, what's your name?"

She took a second, but eventually responded with, "Blake..."

"Well, Blake, I'm Yang, Ruby's Older sister."

I still couldn't get over the fact that they were sisters.

She continued,"I like your bow...."

"Thanks." Blake responded.

"It goes great with your...pajamas." Yang stuttered.

I was laughing in my head, but managed to keep a straight face.

"...right..."Blake said, without looking up from her book.

Yang continued to try to hold their conversation.

"Nice night, don'tcha think?"

Blake said, "Yes, it's lovely. Almost as lovely as this book...that I will continue to read...as soon as you leave."

I mentally face-palmed,

This is hopeless. I thought.

"Yeah, this girl is a lost cause." Yang said.

"What's your book about?" Ruby spoke up.

"It's about a man with two souls, each fighting for control over his body." Blake answered.

"Yeah, that's...real lovely..."Yang commented.

They continued talking, but I didn't stay up to hear any more of it.

Tomorrow was our initiation and I had to get rest, so I laid down in my sleeping bag and ,somehow ,fell asleep to all the noise these people were making.