Chapter 2: Part 3

-(Omega)-
- earlier -

I heard some screeching to my left as I ran through the the forest.

"What was that?" I said to myself.

I decided it would be best to go towards it since it was in the direction of the cliff.

I pulled out The Destroyer and jumped up. I pulled the trigger to activate the omega-drives on The Destroyer at the height of my jump, which sent me flying.

When I got higher, I got a view of what was making the screeching, two Nevermores, although one was further away than the other.

There was no doubting that most everyone was there.

I mean, what else could possibly attract the attention of two Nevermores?

I got excited, and when I got really high, I pulled and held on the trigger to speed up my progress towards the commotion.

- seconds later -

I got a closer look at what was happening; There were 9 people on an ancient-looking structure, two Nevermores, they were now both here, and a Death Stalker.

I decided to attack the Nevermores first since that's what was causing the most trouble.

I was now close enough to see who they were, I saw Gabe, Ruby, Blake and Yang, plus some others who I hadn't met before.

As I got even closer, I yelled out,"Gaaaabe!"

I don't think he heard me though, but right about then, saw Blake get knocked off the edge so I went downwards.

I saw her use her weapon to swing back up and realized she didn't need help.

So, I turned upwards with all my speed towards the closest Nevermore was.

As I was approached, I held The Destroyer out to the side and pressed a button which activated the Quasar Blade.(real thing, look it up)

The Nevermore opened its mouth and I pulled the trigger again as The Destroyer went between its massive beaks, cutting through its head, wings, talons and tail.

I used the The Destroyer to turn around. I held The Destroyer above my head and pulled the trigger which caused it to slice downwards at an extremely fast speed.

This allows the quasar to release particles which can be set to cut through most materials and dissolve some time later or explode on impact.

It was set on explode on impact and it sent the particle projectile (called a Blazar) to shoot out towards the mortally wounded Nevermore.

It explode and was blown apart into several pieces, which fell down into the deep chasm under the structure on which everyone was on.

I let myself fall for a moment before using The Destroyer to launch myself towards the bridge. I landed with enough force to crack the stone under me, which wobbled and fell, but not before I jumped to safety.

By now, you should know that Omega-Drives are very powerful.

I heard Gabe say,"Omega!" Sounding very relieved.

I didn't say anything, I just smiled.

I was exhausted after running and pulling that off, and was panting heavily as I slowly walked towards him.

We high-fived, after which he asked me,"Dude, where have you been this whole time?"

I didn't answer for a few seconds but then I said,"I -pant- I got -pant- lost."

He rolled his eyes and said,"Anyway, as you can see, we have a...problem. There's a Nevermore and a Death Stalker over there where Ren, Nora, Jaune and Pyrrha are."

He pointed at the other side of the bridge which had been broken up.

"Okay--" I was cut off by Ruby.

"Where have you been this whole time?" She asked.

I looked over at Gabe,"He got 'lost'" he said, making air quotes.

"Shut up" I said, in a friendly way.

"I actually was lost. I landed farther than anyone else did." I said.

I was cut off by the other Nevermore's screech.

"Talk later, for now, we have to take that thing out and get to the cliff." I said.

We joined up with the others who were lined up over the edge.

When we got there, Blake said,"It's tougher than it looks."

"Then let's hit it with everything we've got!" Yang said.

Ruby then unfolded her scythe entirely, Blake converted her weapon into a pistol, Yang started shooting at the Nevermore, which was now headed towards us.

The other person who was there, known to us as, Weiss, started launching projectiles at the Nevermore.

Gabe and I looked at each other, and we both nodded.

We jumped off the edge at the same time, he used Gamma's recoil to propel himself up and over the Nevermore, and I used The Destroyer to launch myself directly at it.

Just as we got closer, it screeched at a higher pitch than normal, which hurt all of my ears, as well as Gabe's.

We both started to fall. When my ears stopped ringing, I saw that Gabe had already recovered and was making his way towards me.

"I'm fine, just get back and help the others."

Very faintly, I heard him yell,"Alright!"

I pulled the trigger to launch myself back towards everyone else near the cliff.

Fortunately, I hadn't dropped The Destroyer. That would've been the worst thing that could've happened!

Looking down, I saw that I was falling extremely fast.

Too fast.

I looked ahead saw that the Nevermore was still headed towards the group.

I felt the adrenaline flowing through my veins. I held The Destroyer to the side and pulled the trigger.

I went from falling to flying in a split second.

I kept holding the trigger until I was almost there.

The Nevermore's tail was frozen to the ground and it looked like they were planning something.

Blake was up on a pillar when she threw her weapon, which had a long piece of fabric on it, across to Yang, who was also on a pillar.

'Well, this is interesting.' I thought to myself.

I decided to watch them from above, not wanting to interfere.

It looked like they were using Blake's weapon as a slingshot.

Weiss was on the end of it holding Ruby in place with her ability, which is being able to make glyphs.

As Weiss released her glyphs' hold on Ruby, Ruby shot backwards using the recoil of her rifle, and along with the makeshift slingshot, to launch her towards the Nevermore.

She caught the Nevermore by the neck with her scythe and started shooting down and running up the cliff on Weiss' glyphs, using them as platforms to prevent her from falling.

Once she got near the top, she used her momentum and a final shot of her rifle to behead the Nevermore and get on top of the cliff.

I landed next to Gabe, Blake and Yang.

"Well...that was a thing." Yang said.

"Well, that's one 'thing' to call it" I joked. Pun intended.

We all sort of laughed a little at my joke, which wasn't that good.

"I think we should head back now." I suggested.

And with that, me, Gabe, Blake, Yang, Nora, Ren, Jaune and Pyrrha all made our own, unique ways up the cliff, excited to find out our teams.