Chapter 3: Part 1

Once everyone had finished their initiation and was back at Beacon, we all went into the amphitheater to find out our assigned teams.

Me and Gabe waited anxiously, along with our new friends we had made.

Ozpin called Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha and Ren up to the stage and announced,"Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrha Nikos and Nora Valkerie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as... team Juniper(JNPR)."

Nora hugged Ren when he said that.

Ozpin continued,"Led by...Jaune Arc!"

Jaune looked very surprised and confused.

"Huh?! Led by...?"

Pyrrha punched him playfully but still knocked him down.

Everyone laughed. It was Yang, Ruby, Weiss and Blakes' turn to go up.

I gave them a thumbs up. Yang did the same.

"Blake Belladona, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long." Ozpin announced.

"The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as... team Ruby(RWBY). Led by...Ruby Rose."

Everyone applauded, Yang walked over and hugged Ruby saying,"I'm so proud of you!"

It was me and Gabes' turn to go up.

"Finally, Omega Varsigma and Gabriel Sageron McGraw. You retrieved the king and queen pieces. You are the only two-person team. Is that acceptable? The challenges you face will be considerably more difficult."

He asked us."Yes, we are very much capable of working as a team."I replied.

"Very well then. From this day forward you will work together as...team Omega(OmGa). Led by...Omega Varsigma."

I was surprised, even though it was obvious by the team name.

Neither one of us is a good leader. We've always worked together as equals.

Neither one leading the other.

We both smiled at each other and he patted my back."It looks like things are shaping up to be an...interesting year." Ozpin said.