Chapter 13: Part 2

The battle between me, Gabe and Drayce is definitely one that I was looking forward to. Gabe has done well holding his own against Drayce. He didn't end unscathed, however and he has lost nearly half his aura, despite his speed and agility, Gabe was not able to dodge all of Drayce's attacks.

Gabe rejoined me at the center. He looked tired, but our fight is far from over.

"Do you want me to restore your aura?" I asked.

"That is the stupidest question I have ever heard!" Gabe commented.

"Well, do you?" I ask him.

"Obviously!" He shouted.

I channel energy into him from the surrounding grass and the heat from the geysers. We only had a moment to recover before Dracue blasted out of the ruins towards us.

We dodged and he landed in the forest.

Gabe's aura was only at 79%. While mine was at 68%. I didn't realize how much damage Ugo had done to me. But, I knew that if I wanted to face Drayce, I would need more than 68%.

"Gabe! I need to recover! Hold him off while I recover both our auras!" I instructed Gabe.

"I mean...that's what I've been doing this whole time!" He responded.

"Alright! So, keep doing it!"

Drayce emerged from the shade of the trees and walked to the center where me and Gabe were waiting for him.

"Alright! I'm through playing! The real fight begins now." Drayce said.

Drayce began to levitate off of the ground.

"It looks to me like Drayce is about to transform!" Oobleck announced.

"Right then! We gotta be real careful with this now! Whatever you do, do not fall below sixty percent aura! If you do, draw attention away from yourself so I can come and revive you." I told Gabe.

"This is not a video game. This is a real battle!" Gabe said.

"You don't say!"

Drayce began to glow and soon enough, the glow became a blinding gold light, which lit up the arena and the night sky. A deafening roar came from Drayce. After which, Drayce, in his serpent-dragon from, burst from the light.

Me and Gabe backed up into the forest for cover. Not that it would do much, but it would make a good cover for escape.

The Dragon was about the size of a King Taijitu, only it had golden scales, talons and the head of a dragon, which, properly, resembled Drayce in his normal, human form.

Drayce turned his attention to me. He obviously knew that he would never be able to catch up to Gabe. However, with the all-powerful Omega-Drives equipped, he would have a difficult time catching up to me as well. A major advantage when you are fighting a dragon that takes up pretty much the whole arena.

He sped towards me is a zigzag pattern, like a snake slithering on the ground. He opened his jaw, aiming for my exact position. As he got closer, he released a wave of flames, which instantly set the forest on fire, forcing us out of there and into the other biomes.

Gabe shot out of the forest, through the flames, but did not get burned due to his incredible speed. I shot myself to the right and followed behind Gabe just as soon as Drayce collided with the ground where I was standing seconds before.