Chapter 5: Part 1

-(2nd Semester)-

"Uuuuuugh! I don't wanna get up!" I complained as I lay on my bed, trying to summon enough will power to get up and get ready for the first day of being back to school.

"Dude, you're gonna have to get up at some point..." Gabe responded irritably.

"I know, but it's so cold outside!" I argued.

"I know, and classes start in half an hour!"

I sighed.

I despise the cold, especially being a cold blooded Faunus, I have to stay warm, otherwise I'll freeze to death. Literally.

"Fine!" I said, and got up to get ready.

It was only 60 outside, but to me, it felt more like 30.

I shivered all the way to Prof. Ports' class, keeping my trench coat close to preserve as much heat as possible, but it didn't help a lot.

We were one of the last students to get there, and when I sat down, Yang said,"What's wrong? Oh, wait, you're COLD blooded."

I slowly turned and glared at her while Gabe started to laugh hysterically.

I turned to him and elbowed him, but he continued to laugh.

I turned to Yang again and shook my head,"No...Just...no."

The Classes went on as usual, then we went to lunch.

By now, the seats had been established and we went to sit in our spots.

I didn't get any lunch, considering I didn't NEED to.

Ruby noticed this and commented on it,"What's wrong?"

"Hm?What?" I said, confused.

"Why aren't you eating? It's been three days since I last saw you eat." She responded.

"Oh! That...umm...Well...as you may know, I'm a Komodo dragon, right? So I don't really eat too often, usually a week, that and my semblance means I can survive a much longer time without food or water much longer than a normal person would. Does that answer your question?" I explained.

"Pretty much." She said, and didn't dwell on the toptic anymore.

Lunch ended and we went on the day as normal, a bit...too normal.

Anyway, once classes were over and we were free to do anything, team RWBY invited us, along with team JNPR, to a pizza dinner with them in downtown Vale.

It was getting colder outside, and the only reason I agreed to go is because I didn't want to be alone in our dorm doing nothing, while everyone else was having fun.

It took us nearly 20 minutes to reach our destination. I was shivering and chattering the whole time and Weiss kept telling me to stop. I only sighed and kept chattering and shivering.

We finally got there after what felt like an hour. I opened the door to go inside, but I was stopped by the warmth if the interior which washed over me and ended my discomfort.

"Ahhhh...The warmth..." I said as I stepped inside.

"I think I'll be staying here for the night." I joked.

We each ordered our pizzas and sat at one big table. I ordered a bacon pizza. Even though I didn't really need to eat, I couldn't resist the taste of a large, bacon covered pizza.

Besides, this was one of those rare times that I got to spend any time at all with the few people that I trust, I didn't want it to pass by so I enjoyed it as much as I could.

We took all the time in the world to finish our meal, and even longer to sit and talk.

At last, Jaune insisted that it was getting dark and we start to head back.

We all then got up and went outside, still talking and laughing.

I still felt the cold, but not as much as before.

On our way back, just as we were about to exit downtown Vale, a man with a brown leather jacket and a silver suit case ran past us.

There were several policemen after him but he managed to evade them.

I turned to everyone and said,"I got this."

I chased after the man, but it was no use. He seemed to be incapable of tiring. Then, I had an idea.

I turned to the left and ran through an alley between two large brick buildings to cut him off as soon as he came by.

He turned around the corner, still running and I jumped at him, knocking us both down.

When I got a close look at him, his eyes were completely white as if they were rolled back, except they weren't.

I've seen this before, but it's something that I don't want to think about. I knew what to do though, to know if I was right.

I held him up and I knocked him unconscious. The policemen finally arrived at the scene and woke him up again, and, as I suspected, his eyes were back to normal.

"Huh? What's going on?" Said the man, clearly panicked and confused.

"You're going to jail, that's what." A policeman said.

"For what?" the man asked.

"Don't act dumb! You know what you did." The policeman said again.

I interrupted,"No...he really doesn't know. It's not his fault."

The policeman turned to me with a suspicious look."You wouldn't understand." I told him.

"You're right! I don't. Which is why we're taking him to jail." He replied.

I looked at the man with a sorry expression, wishing I could help.

I then saw the suitcase the man was carrying, which were being held by another policeman. I walked over and asked about the contents of the case.

He replied with,"Dust, and lots of it at that."

I rejoined with the group, which had followed the commotion but didn't really see much of what happened.

We talked about it on the way back to Beacon and I told them about the man with white eyes when we got back.

"What do you think he was?" Gabe asked when we got back.

There was a long pause as I thought about my answer.

"It's not him..." I finally said.

"It's my brother, Alpha Varsigma."