Chapter 3: Part 2

After the ceremony, we were assigned our dorms. Ours was next to team RWBY and near team JNPRs' dorms. When we came in, there were four beds, a small table, a bookshelf, a window and a cupboard."Finally!!!" I said when I saw the beds. It has been a long, and very interesting day. I took off the straps of The Destroyer which kept it on my back and I propped it up next to the bed on the small table.

"Which side do you want to take?" Gabe asked."I'll take right." I said and flopped myself down on the bed.

It felt good to finally be sleeping on a real bed and not some tree or on the ground like I had for a few months while running from the White Fang. We had brought very little with us to Beacon, seeing as we didn't have very much. As a matter of fact, Gabe was the only one who brought anything with him. He had some clothes, some hand tools and some extra sunglasses.

He didn't unpack though, he just set his stuff down on the floor and got on one of the beds on the left side."Night dude." He said."Night." I replied.

*Thirty Minutes later*

I couldn't really sleep, even though the bed was really comfortable. It wasn't because I was worried or anything like that, I was thinking about the day. I thought about the Nevermores and the initiation and all the new friends I had made. I smiled at the thought. I finally had friends, other than Gabe, who I could trust.

I closed my eyes and recounted the events again. Finally, I breathed deeply and let my wandering mind carry to a strange place that were my dreams.

*The Next Day*

I woke up slowly. I kept my eyes closed for a moment, then opened them. I looked up at the ceiling, forgetting where I was, then I remembered that I was in our dorm, at Beacon Academy. I also remembered everything that happened yesterday. Then, I remembered the days when I was running from Torchwick and the White Fang.

I pushed the thoughts aside and sat up. Gabe was still asleep, not making any noise. I checked the time. It was 7:43.

I rubbed my eyes, blinked a few times and got off the bed. I stretched my arms and breathed deeply. I was in a much better mood today, even though I wasn't a morning person. I was more of an...evening person,considering I'm nocturnal. I yawned again.

I turned and reached for my fedora, which was on the table next to the bed, in front of the window. I put it on my head, suddenly remembering as far back as when I first had it. It was given to me by my parents, when I was only 8. It was too big for me then, but I grew into it.

It would be a week before classes start so everyone could get supplies and stuff, so I decided that that's what we would do today, get some school supplies and other things.

I went to go wake Gabe up, but then I thought about doing by myself.'Nah!' I thought, and shook him awake. He woke up and stretched while yawning."Hey! Dude. Wake up!" I said."What time is it?" He asked groggily."Seven Forty-Eight" I replied. He stretched again."Why'd you wake me up so early?" He asked."We need to get school supplies and other stuff."."But pretty much everything is still closed until like...Eight." He said."Yeah, but not all of them. Do you want to stay here or come with me?" I asked."Where'r you goin'?" He asked."I'm going to get an instrument, we need some form of entertainment, plus, I need to practice, I've almost forgotten all the notes and stuff."."I think I'll stay for a second. Oh! Dude, we should eat before you go." He suggested."Oh yeah! Almost forgot about that." I replied.

I opened the door and stepped out onto the hallway. I heard some noises coming from team RWBY and JNPRs' dorms, the louder being team JNPRs'. I couldn't exactly hear what was being said, but it was clearly Nora who was making all the noise. Gabe walked out and closed the door behind him.

We walked past team RWBYs' dorm. Their door was wide open and I could see that Ruby was trying to wake up Weiss. Blake only starting to get up, and Yang was on a small table, similar to ours, writing something down.

"Morning!" Both me and Gabe said in unison. Ruby then stopped shaking Weiss and cheerfully said,"Good morning guys!" Yang looked up and asked us,"Where are you guys going?" Gabe responded,"We're going to get breakfast. Wanna come with us?"."Sure, as soon we get ready."

It took a few minutes, but once they were ready, we all headed down to the cafeteria outside, along with team JNPR, who tagged along. We sat at two different tables, me, Gabe and team RWBY sat at one table, while team JNPR sat at the table across from us.

I got some steak, milk and an orange. Gabe got some chicken, milk, barbecue sauce and pineapples. We all started eating and talking about what we needed to get, Grimm, weapons and other topics. We had a really good time, we ate and talked, but mostly talked, for the next half-hour. Once we all finished eating, or really, talking, we got up and went outside.

Everyone then decided, that they would all get some school supplies and stuff. Even Gabe, who said that he was going to try and find a computer for us to use.

I decided to go by myself, since we would be going in different directions anyway. Once I entered downtown Vale, I looked for a music store, if there were any.

It ends up that there was and I entered it. It smelled fresh inside, like crushed pines. I walked over to the guy who runs the store. He was an old man with gray hair and an apron.

I've been to Vale a few times before, and from what I remember, he runs a lot of the businesses and shops around Vale."Goodmorning!" I said to him. He only smiled back."Do you have any size 15 Violas?" I asked.(the reason I asked him for a viola is because I play one in real life)"Uh huh." He said, then went to go and find one. I looked around while he was gone. There were a lot of things in the shop, most of them being instruments. There were; Cellos, Bases, Violas and Violins of many sizes. Some of them were just for display though. There were cases, tuners, bows and rosin.

When he came back, he was carrying a black case with him. He set it on the table so I could see if it was the right size. I opened up the case and lifted the instrument up. I inspected it, looking at the back, the front, the bridge, the strings, everything. I plucked all the strings and tuned them. Then, the shopkeeper(we'll just call him that from now on) handed me a shoulder rest, which was the meant for the size of the instrument."Thank you." I said, and put the shoulder rest on.

It was exactly the right size. I took the bow out of the case as well, tightened it up and tried to remember the notes for "Adagio Cantabile". The notes came out clearly and resonated throughout the shop. I stopped playing and asked him how much it would be.(Let's imagine that one lien was...Fifty cents) It was 1000 Lien.(that's actually cheap, a normal professional instrument is usually $1500 or more) I paid him and left the store with the case on my back.

"Well, now it's time to get some school supplies and stuff, so uhh... I'm going to go...this way" I said to myself. I continued walking around and going into different stores. I ran into team RWBY a few times, as well as team JNPR. I decided to go back to Beacon after walking around for an hour, to drop some stuff off.

Once I got back, I set all the supplies I had gotten, as well as my Viola, down. Then, I sat down on the bed, not sure what to do other than wait.

Some time passed by before I decided to head down to the library to check out some books.

I made my way there slowly, observing as much as I could before I got there. Today was a slow day, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky and a gentle breeze was blowing. I went inside the library and quietly closed the door behind me. I checked out "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini,(which is the best book/book series ever!!!) and walked outside. I planned to sit on a bench and stay there until everyone came and looked for me. It was the perfect day to read outside.

I sat down on a bench near the edge of the cliff, opened up the book to the first page."Chapter one..." I said, and started reading until I was so caught up, that I couldn't feel, hear, or notice anything around me.