Chapter 8: Part 3

Sorry for the late update, I'm in a hotel when I was writing this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who are you?" I asked the mysterious Faunus.

He was about my height.

I'm guessing he's probably older than me.

From what I could tell, he had dark-tanned skin, a mix of white and blonde dreads and green eyes.

I wasn't exactly sure what kind of Faunus he was, but he was obviously a Faunus.

He had what looked to be lion ears, but it was difficult to tell in the dark.

"Igolide." He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What do you want?"

"You!"

"What?!" I said.

He ran forward and began attacking me.

I barely blocked the chains with the bow.

Unfortunately, the bow wasn't strong enough to withstand the force and snapped.

"What do you mean by 'me'?"

"I was sent here to capture you." He said.

"What?! By who?" I asked.

I was beginning to drain his aura.

At that point, he began attacking ferociously.

I was able to either block or dodge most of his attacks.

It was difficult, I was not used to defending against close, hand-to-hand combat.

We fought in the village for quite a while, knocking down a few houses in the process.

The only reason I was able to last was because of my semblance, which I used to keep my aura up and to weaken him, and because Gabe finally decided to show up.

We still couldn't hold him off.

When his aura was almost completely gone, he stopped, but I continued to drain it.

He looked at us and said,"I'll be back."(say it in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice)

He roared, which confirmed the fact that he was a lion Faunus, but it wasn't a normal roar.

The roar was loud enough to knock over some of the damaged houses, which, fortunately, had no one in them.

After that terrible sound, several red glowing eyes appeared in the shade behind him, after which, several Grimm emerged.

"You know, if I had the destroyer, we wouldn't be in this situation." I said to Gabe.

"Yeah, I know..."

"What do we do?" I asked.

"What we came here to do."

I nodded.

As Igolide blended in with the shadows once more and the Grimm came forward, we readied our weapons.

"Watch each others backs." I said.

The Grimm came at us in two waves.

The first wave lasted only a few seconds. Gabe did most of the work, since I didn't really have ranged capabilities.

The second wave was much more difficult, and had much more Grimm.

I'd hate to see what the next one would bring.

I seriously need to finish modding the destroyer. I thought.

The last thing that came before the wave ended was a Taijitu.

"Really?" I sighed.

Gabe immediately started to attack the white head, using his semblance. Which, left me to the black head.

I drained as much energy as I could until I couldn't anymore. I decided to give some of it to Gabe to keep his semblance up.

But, before I could, the Taijitu dove towards me.

I dodged, but it recovered and attacked again.

For me, it was mostly an endless cycle of dodging and yelling for Gabe to help.

After I dodged three more attacks, Gabe was finally, finally, able to take out the white head.

It was time for me to be useful.

Gabe ran up the body and jumped up. I jumped up as well.

At the height of his jump, he did a 360 for no other reason than to look cool, even though there wasn't anyone other than me to see it.

But, since he did it, I decided it wouldn't hurt to try something like that as well.

Before we hit the head, I did a front flip, to increase the force of the impact.

We both hit the head of the Taijitu at the same time, driving it into the ground.

The thing wasn't getting up from that.

I sat on the ground, but I wasn't tired.

"That was frickin' awesome!" I said.

Gabe shrugged,"Eh, I've seen awesomer, like that thing you did with the Nevermore."

"Mm, yeah, I guess. But that was still pretty cool."

"Who was that guy?" Gabe asked.

"He said his name was Igolide. He was sent here to capture me, for some reason."

"You think we'll see him again?"

"He said we would, so we prolly are." I answered.(yes, I talk like that.)

"Well, I'm hoping we're prepared when we do." He said.

"Okay."I said.

There was a long pause.

I got up and said,"Is that all the Grimm?"

"Well, we're not being attacked, so..." He said.

"Mm-kay then..."

I contacted Beacon and requested an airship.

The ship arrived minutes later and took us back to Beacon.

When we got back to our dorm, I sat down and started working on my weapon.

"Dude, it's like...12:30. Don't you wanna sleep?" Gabe asked.

"Nah." I said and kept working.

"Okay then." He said, then passed out.

"Don't worry, this'll be done by tomorrow." I said, smirking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey peepz, sorry for the late chapter again. I'm in a hotel, and will be until this Thursday.

                                        --Marc