Chapter 13: Part 1

Day two of the Vytal Festival tournaments.

Most of the students from Beacon have been qualified onto the doubles round.

Team OMCT has decided to send forth; Omega VarSigma and Gabriel Sage McGraw, to the doubles round.

Cyan and Fia, after seeing the other teams fight, decided it would be best to send Speed and Destruction to the next round.

                              * * * * *

Day two of the tournaments.

Team CFVY's Coco and Yatsuhashi and the students from Haven, Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black were their opponents.

'This was going to be a good match' I thought to myself.

(Watch the fight here. It would take too long to describe. Stop watching after the fight is done.)

Oobleck announced Emerald and Mercury's win.

"Okay...They're pretty good..." I said, to no one in general.

"What happened there? Did Coco get her weapon nerfed or what? She destroyed Nevermores with that thing before!" Gabe implied.

"Apparently so?" I responded.

Well, their team got destroyed. They didn't even get one good hit on them.

I wondered after that, 'Did they not see Emerald and Mercury after they retreated into the grass? Or are they just straight up blind?'

I didn't mention it to anyone, thinking it wasn't of much importance. The ten minute break between matches was spent mostly on reviewing the battle and what had occurred, with Oobleck and Port describing every detail.

The break was over. It was time to choose the next match up. Every one of the teams were anxious to know who will be going up against who.

The randomized dial spun and the first two chosen were, Drayce and his teammate, Ugo, from Haven Academy.

"Ayyy!It's them!" I said.

"Who?" Gabe asked.

"Nah, you don't know about them. Only me and Fia do. Remember when we went to the arena on Saturday?" I told him.

"Yeah?"

"We met Drayce after a fight with someone else in the colosseum." I said.

"Oh, alright." He said.

"Yeah, whoever's gonna fight 'em is--" I stopped. The dial stopped on me and Gabe.

"--screwed?!"

Crap! It was us!

"Aww, Schwitz dude! It's us!!!" I exclaimed.

"You don't say..." I replied sarcastically.

"You guys watch each other!" Fia said.