Chapter 9: Part 2

I spent the beginning of the day on anticipating what else the destroyer might be capable of.

I honestly couldn't wait until Goodwitch's class.

I tried several times throughout the day to find out bye asking Omega, but he wouldn't reveal anything.

Goodwitch's class was the fifth class of the day, after which we would get lunch and go back for three more classes, then our day would be over.

-(Later)-

Goodwitch's class finally came.

It seriously felt like forever. We could finally get so see what else the new destroyer can do.

"Good morning class, who would like to go first for today?" Glynda asked.

Omega stood up.

"Ay! Right here!" He yelled.

"Alright, would you like to choose an opponent, or would you like for me to choose?"

"I think I'll let you choose miss." He said.

He jumped down into the amphitheater.

The big screen above the amphitheater shuffled through numerous students.

I was kind of hoping it would be me, but, then I thought about it and decided, nah.

The screen stopped on Ruby.

Okay, this'll be interesting.

Ruby's fast, but will she be fast enough?

Earlier, when the destroyer was spinning, the particles fired off in what was almost a continuous beam.

Ruby went down into the amphitheater.

"Ready?" Glynda said to them.

"Yeah, hold on..." Omega said.

He got his scroll out.

I could tell he was going to listen to music, which is how he fights.

He did something with his scroll, I'm not sure what, but when he was done, the speakers in the amphitheater glitches out and Spectre came on.

"Now I'm ready!"

"Begin!"

At first, he fired off single particles, but just before the beat dropped, the destroyer began to spin, making a hum similar to that of a particle.

When the beat dropped, he did particle attack he showed me earlier.

Ruby was able to avoid the initial wave using her semblance.

But, the particles we still being fired all the way until the end of the drop.

Just before it ended, the last few projectiles hit Ruby.

A fifth of her aura on the screen went away.

"He didn't tell me the particles were more powerful than before..." I said to myself.

"Heads up Ruby, the bow's comin' out when the drop comes!" Omega said.

Ruby rushed at him using her speed.

She fire off a few rounds at him, but he was able to block the by rotating the destroyer.

The drop was coming up, Ruby decided to get some distance for what was coming up. Whatever it was.

At the part when the drums in the background did a really fast rhythm leading up to the drop, the destroyer started spinning again and shooting off particles, but only one at a time.

Ruby dodged all of them, but he wasn't trying to hit her.

By this time, she had recovered the lost aura.

Just before the drop, the destroyers blade split in two, both of the blades separated into three segments, with two O-Ds(omega-drives) per segment.

"A bow?!" I said.

"Destroyer Bow!!!" Omega yelled.

The whole thing lit up. Ruby fired at him, but he jumped up and the rounds hit the O-D greaves.

The drop came, the beam, an actual beam, was incomprehensibly fast.

The only way that you could prevent it from hitting its target is if Omega misses, and I know he never misses.

The beam created an explosion on the other side of the arena(I'll start referring to the amphitheater as an arena).

It was difficult to see what was happening through the dust, but I could see that the beam was no longer active.

I could also see that Ruby's aura was almost all gone.

"The match is over." Said Glynda.

"Gg!" Said Omega, walking to Ruby.

He helped her up and replenished her aura.

"Whoa! That was soooo cool!" She yelled.

"I'm surprised you said that, especially after getting rekt by it, but, thanks." He said.

Guess who's gonna be fighting him next?

Probably not me.

But, I will eventually.

Besides, I've been thinking, if we're going to be fighting his brother, who has a hypnotic semblance, he might end up fighting me.

Now that I think about it, I don't really know if we can take on him ourselves.

Maybe we can get team RWBY or JNPR to help out.

Anyways, I was certainly trying to think of ways I could beat him when he's using that form.

We went to go have lunch after.

"Uhh...sorry about earlier." Omega said to Ruby.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." She responded.

"Okay, jes wanna make sure."

"So, mind telling us what else you've changed about it?" Yang asked.

"Moh, pshure!" Omega said with his mouth full.

He gulped everything down and said,"I made the handle so that it could spin. I added a weight to the pommel so that its balanced while spinning, also helps me swing faster. I Uhh...split the blade into sections and half lengthwise down the spine so that it could become a ranged-looking weapon, like a...bow. I also put a blaster, whatever you wanna call it, thing on both sides of the blade so there's three beams combining into one beam instead of there just being one weaker beam. By the way, you have no idea how tiring it is to make this thing shoot continuously for more than five seconds. It takes about...a quarter of my aura for it to do that...at 5 percent power. You should also know, the safe point before the beam can actually blow you up is 3 percent. What you saw back there was 2 percent, enough to one-shot Ruby and others who have a level of aura less than or similar to hers."

"Oookaaay...then..." I said.

"Welp, you wanted to know. There ta have it." He proudly stated.

"I'm pretty sure all we wanted to know was what new things you did to it, nothing more." I said to him.

"Yeah, well, get used to it." He said.

SMH.