Chapter 8: Part 1

The train started to move.

We got on, hopefully unnoticed.

"So, what do we do now?" Gabe asked.

"We must decouple the cars, we can't let them get their hands on these weapons." Oobleck said.

"They already have." Ruby said.

"Seems simple enough." I said.

"Okay, let's go." Said Yang to everyone.

We climbed on top of the train car and opened up the hatch to try and get inside. But, instead of finding weapons or dust, Ruby found what appeared to be an explosive device.

Or so Oobleck said.

We decided to move on to the next car.

Oobleck told Blake to decouple the car that we were just on.

Just as she was about to, the car detached itself from the rest of the train.

It slowed down and when it was a good distance from the us, the car exploded and created a huge hole in the ceiling of the tunnel.

What made it worse, is that Grimm started pouring into the tunnel and were running towards the train, not that any of us were worried, the Grimm weren't fast enough to catch up with us.

"Uhh...guys..." Ruby said, looking down the hatch of the car we were on.

There was another explosive it. This time, it started beeping, and the car decoupled.

"Time to go!" I yelled, and we all jumped onto the next car.

Oobleck checked this one, and it also had an explosive.

He went on to the next and also found an explosive.

"They all have bombs!" He shouted.

The explosive in our car started to beep. We hopped off that one too.

If that wasn't bad enough, White Fang members were coming out of the cars and towards us.

"I think we all know what to do here." I said.

We attacked the oncoming ones as they got close enough.

The Blazar was enough to know quite a few of them off and let us keep moving forward.

Once we had fought off most of them, and made it to a car without a bomb, we decided to split up.

Me, Gabe, Weiss, Blake and Yang went down into the cars to try and make it to the front of the train to try and stop in from the inside, while Oobleck, Ruby and Zwei took care of the members above.

"I guess this is what we trained for." Yang said as we got down.

"We're not even done with our first year yet, and this is only our first mission. I don't think this is what we trained for yet." I said.

We went on to the next car.

When the door opened, Neon was there waiting for us.

"You guys go ahead, this one's mine." Yang said.

"Ay, at least let me get a few hits off." I said, and shot a beam at Neo.

She blocked the attack with her parasol, but she was still knocked back.

I wasn't satisfied until I landed a solid hit.

So, this time, I shot multiple beams at once.

One of them hit her leg and she lost footing, but quickly regained her balance.