The Fright Before Christmas

It was December. Christmas was tomorrow so everywhere was decorated with pretty lights and trees filled with ornaments.

At the Amity Park Mall, which has been decorated, with a wreath and many conifer trees. There are no open parking spaces in the lot, even though there are cars everywhere; trying to get in. The place was packed, huge crowds of last-minute shoppers, many going about their business. The stores are also decked with decorations. Sam, Tucker, and Danny were walking through the mall together. Aero was at her grandparent's house, celebrating there for a couple of days. She was coming back that afternoon. Danny had a sour look on his face, while Sam was cheery, shouting to people walking by.

"Merry Christmas!"

As she says this, angry and miserable looking shoppers walk past her, not returning her holiday greetings.

"Happy Holidays!"

Soon, an orthodox man walks past quickly. Sam turns her head to spread more cheer.

"Happy Hanukkah!"

Sam walks up to Mikey.

"Merry Christmas, Mikey."

"You?! Are being cheery?! IT'S A TRAP!"

Mikey throws his arms up and turns around to run for it.

"IT'S A TRA-A-A-AP!"

Danny and Tucker walk up to her, Danny looking angry and Tucker in disbelief.

"What's with him?"

"What's with you?" Danny questions.

Tucker pats Danny shoulder.

"Aw, perk up, Danny."

Danny's eyes turn to Tucker.

"I know you're in your annual holiday funk, but this is the one time of year Sam isn't instantly dour."

Sam slides over to a man, with both her hands down and pointing forward.

"Have a kickin' Kwanzaa!"

The man stops and looks behind him. Sam smiles nervously.

"And the one time of the year-"

Tucker takes his red beret off and replaces it with an identical one with a mistletoe hanging from the top of it, Danny looks up at it.

"-I can burst out the Foley Mistletoe beret!"

An attractive woman in a red sweater, red boots and a white skirt is walking past, holding a dog in her purse. She stops as Tucker calls out to her.

"Hey there, Miss. How about spreading a little Christmas cheer?"

Tucker closes his eyes and puckers up. The woman pushes her dogs towards him and it licks Tucker's lips. The dog suddenly closes an eye and raising his ears, opening his mouth with a sound of disgust.

"Mmm."

Tucker opens his eyes and puts a finger to his chin.

"You had liver for lunch."

Danny is standing alone in the mall; frustrated, trying to dodge the busy shoppers bumping into him. He turns towards a man with anger, growling. Suddenly, he clenches his fists, closes his eyes, and crouches over. His upper lip is vibrating as he growls in irritation. He throws himself back, shouting with his arms in the air.

"I hate the holidays!"

Sam walks over next to Tucker and blinks.

"I don't get it. How can anybody hate this time of year? I don't even celebrate it and I love it." Sam wonders.