Mystery Meat

A month later; Danny, Tucker, and Sam were sitting in the Fenton Lab with Jack.

"So, Danny...You and your little friends want to hunt ghosts?"

"Uh, actually, Dad? I want to be an astronaut." Danny corrects.

"Sorry, Mr. Fenton. I was into ghosts, but they're so mainstream now. They're like cellphones."

"Waste these looks and all this charisma hunting ghosts? Criminal." Tucker replies.

"Well, if you do want to hunt ghosts, there are a few things you need to learn."

Jack turns to a table with laboratory equipment and beakers. A blue mist suddenly escapes Danny's mouth.

"Oh no.

The ghost portal door opens.

"This isn't good."

Two ectopuses escape from the portal, growling. The ghosts grab Sam and Tucker around their mouths and lift them up out of their chairs. Jack was still messing with stuff on the table.

"True, I've never seen a ghost, but when I do, I'll be prepared."

Danny looks alarmed. The ectopuses are floating above the floor, Sam and Tucker still in their grasp.

"And so will you. Whether you want to be or not."

Danny gets a determined look on his face. Jack is still messing with the various items on the lab table while Danny jumps away and transform into his half ghost self.

"It all starts with your equipment."

As he says this he holds up a thermos. Behind him an ectopus goes flying past. Sam and Tucker are land back into their chairs. Jack goes over to them.

"Sam, Tucker, this is the Fenton Thermos."

Jack hands the thermos to Sam, and both Sam and Tucker look at it. Jack turns back around to the lab table.

"It's supposed to trap ghosts."

Behind Jack, another ectopus goes flying past.

"But since it doesn't work yet, it's just a thermos. A thermos with the word 'Fenton' in front of it.

The ectopuses look defeated and dizzy and fly back into the portal. Danny turns back to normals. The portal suddenly closes and Jack points to it.

"And that? That is the Fenton Portal. It releases ghosts into our world whether I want it to or not. And someday, I'll figure out how that works too."

Jack turns from the portal and walks towards a trembling Sam and Tucker, towering over them.

"Now, who wants to hunt some ghosts?"

Sam and Tucker continue to tremble. Danny is resting against Tucker's chair; panting.

"You kids, look at you! You're too excited to speak! So I'll just go on speaking. I was born many years ago in a log cabin in the woods. Don't exactly remember where, but I do remember I wanted a pony."

Sam and Tucker look at Danny who only hangs his head.

"Never got the pony. As a matter of fact we had to eat horsemeat during the war. I had a problem with that."

Cut to Casper High School the next day. Danny, Sam, and Tucker walk through the hallway before going up a flight of stairs.

"I think I should tell them."

"Why? Parents don't listen."

The three stop walking midway up the stairs.

"Even worse, they don't understand!"