Uh-Oh

A/N: I do not indulge jumping out a window.

Laurens froze. His heart stopped for a moment and he felt like he was gonna pass out.

John Laurens: Who are you?

UnknownNumber📞: No. That's not how it works.

Alexander noticed Laurens about to have a panic attack.

"Hey, what's happening to you?" He asked. He looked over at Laurens' phone and froze himself.

John Laurens: What do you want?

UnknownNumber📞: I won't hurt you. Or your friend.

He then sent a screen shot of Laurens' phone and a picture of Laurens and Alexander.

"That's unnerving." Alexander stated.

John Laurens: What's the catch?

UnknownNumber📞: Don't. Say. A word.

Laurens and Alexander exchanged a look of terror.

"What do we do?" Alexander asked.

"We have to tell someone." Laurens stated.

"I thought you said the police caught the guy." Alexander questioned.

"They thought they did. But I knew it! It's not the guy." Laurens stated.

"You seem pretty happy about that when all it really means is there's someone TRYING TO KILL US!!!" Alexander exclaimed.

"Keep your voice down. Do you want everyone here to hear you?" Laurens whispered.

"What are we supposed to do?!?!" Alexander whisper yelled.

"We have to tell the police. I don't think they'll believe me based on a text when we can't prove where it came from. But Will will believe it." Laurens said.

"Will Dempsey?" Alexander asked.

"Yeah, I saw him today at the station." Laurens explained. "Come on, let's go."

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you just said you were going to sleep like five minutes ago. Now you're going to go downstairs to leave for the police station?" Alexander pointed out. "Not exactly subtle if you ask me."

Laurens went over and looked out the window. "How far down would you say that is?"

"Let's do it." Alexander smirked.

They opened the window up and looked down.

"This is gonna hurt." Laurens jumped out. He didn't just go for it though. He used the ledge to lower himself down so the drop wasn't that far above the ground. "That wasn't so bad. You coming?"

Alexander did the same thing except he didn't stick the landing and fell on his face. "Wonderful."

"Come on, let's go." Laurens pulled him to his feet and they both ran off to the police station. About halfway there, they both regretted not taking a car.

They ran inside and went straight towards Will. Laurens stopped a little short though when he felt his phone buzz.

UnknownNumber📞: I'm warning you. Keep your mouth shut.

JohnLaurens: I will.

UnknownNumber📞: I know you're at the police station. If you really don't care about your own well being, do it for Alexander.

JohnLaurens: How do you know his name, or mine for that matter?

UnknownNumber📞: You're John Laurens. Son of Henry and Eleanor Laurens. Alexander is your adopted brother, and the two of you seem to be very close. I'd hate for anything to happen to him because you couldn't follow a simple command. He'd have to pay for your mistake.

Laurens was now deeply concerned.

JohnLaurens: Leave him out of this and I won't tell anyone.

UnknownNumber📞: smart. But you should tell him that.

Laurens ran over and stopped Alexander from talking to Will.

"What the heck man!?!? This was your idea." Alexander stated.

"We can't do this! Just trust me." Laurens whisper yelled. "I'll explain when we leave."

"But why are we leaving!?!?" Alexander whisper exclaimed. "There's someone trying to kill us!!!"

"Which is why we can't tell them!" Laurens glared. "For once in your life put your pride aside, and just trust me on this!"

Alexander calmed down and took a deep breath. "Fine."

They both left the building without talking to a single person. As soon as they left, Laurens tried to explain things.

"This is bigger then him just having my phone number. Bigger then him just hacking into my phone." Laurens explained. "He tracked us here. The moment we stepped inside the building my phone went off."

"If you're worried about him tracking you the police will take care of it." Alexander said. "Not to mention the fact that you could just throw it away at any moment!"

Laurens felt his phone buzz and looked at the screen.

UnknownNumber📞: Throw the phone away, and I won't be able to warn you not to do something stupid. Like going to the police.

Laurens put it back in his pocket.

"What did it say?" Alexander asked.

"It's just another threat." Laurens said.

"You've been through crazy stuff like this before, why are you so scared now?" Alexander questioned.

Laurens knew he shouldn't tell him the truth. "Because it's different. This isn't a car accident or an illness. It's a person trying to kill me."

"Laurens. Everything is going to be fine. But we can't just let this guy threaten..." Alexander was interrupted.

"Please just trust me on this." Laurens begged. "Please?"

Alexander sighed. "Ok."

A/N: sorry this chapter is like 200 words shorter then it should be but my brother is having an 8th grade graduation party this weekend so I've been busy helping my family with that.

Stuck In A MomentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara