The police

A/N: if you haven't seen the adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. GO WATCH IT! The movie is on disney plus. The title is a reference. Do you need to have seen it to understand this chapter? No. Should you watch it anyway? Yes!!! It's a really good family movie and it's older so if you pause it and look at the animation, it's usually really funny. So if you can, go watch it. Without context though, I imagine it looks weird 😂😂😂

When 'the man' came to, Laurens and Will were happy with their victory and were about ready to arrest 'the man' when he started bursting out laughing.

"Clever, lads." The man laughed. (Does he sound Irish? I feel like that makes him sound Irish. But did I ever say he wasn't Irish?) "But Mr. Laurens, did you forget that you're not the only one involved in this matter?"

"What do you mean?" Laurens asked.

"You're friend can arrest me. But if he does, who will call off the attack on the other involved party?" The man asked.

The realization hit Laurens like a brick. "Alexander. He sent someone after Alexander." Laurens exclaimed before he burst out the door.

Will wanted to follow, but he didn't want to leave 'the man' to escape. So he stayed.

Laurens bolted as fast as he could. The author can't remember if Alexander is at a specific place, so let's just say he's at his dorm. Laurens bolted for Alexander's dorm.

Alexander wanted to do some writing, but Eliza said he was over working himself and hid all his pens. He thought about just going to the store and buying more, but the store was so far, and his bed was conveniently right next to him. He started watching some TV when he heard a knock at the door. He stood up and went to answer it, even though he wasn't expecting anyone.

"Hello? Are you Alexander Hamilton?" The man asked. He was wearing a UPS uniform, so Alexander didn't bother to question him.

"Yes." Alexander nodded.

"Good." The man stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Dude, you can't just..." Alexander was cut off when the man pulled out a shiny silver revolver. "Hey, man. Just relax."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I have nothing against you personally, it's just a job." The man explained before he cocked it.

"Wait, someone paid you to kill me?" Alexander thought. "Jefferson finally snapped."

"Shut up." The man pushed the gun against his head.

Alexander closed his eyes, but before the man could pull the trigger, Laurens jumped into the room and tackled him. The man dropped his gun in the process. He then kicked Laurens off of him and dove for the gun, Alexander did the same. They both grabbed it and tried to pry it away from the other. As Alexander was losing his grip, Laurens jumped back up and jumped on the attacker's back. The man shoved Laurens off, causing him to hit his head against the wall. Alexander lunged again for the gun and managed to grab it. Before he was able to pick it up, the attacker stepped on his hand hard enough to hear a crunch.

"Ah!" Alexander groaned.

The man grabbed the gun from his hand and pointed it at him.

"Again, just business." The man sighed.

Before he could shoot, two police officers barged into the room. Will had called them after Laurens ran away from the restaurant. "NYPD, put your hands up, now!"

The man grabbed Alexander's shoulder and pulled him in front of his body as a shield, keeping the gun on him the whole time. He used one of his arms to hold Alexander's behind him and used the other to push the gun into his temple. "Get back!"

Stuck In A Momentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें