Dating app.

Yeah, so Laurens is getting pretty lonely. He has friends, but friends aren't always enough. (They are for me though, especially the folks on wattpad cause they are the best.) So he talked to Peggy and she convinced him to maybe start dating again. He had lots of girls in his class that were pretty, but their personalities didn't really match with his. So for some reason, Peggy asked if he wanted to try a dating app. And the desperate child said yes.

"Ok, tell me all of your likes." Peggy began, holding her computer.

"Umm, movies, video games, pizza, lazor tag, mini golf, if that counts." Laurens laughed.

"Uh, ok? What do you want in a woman?" Peggy asked.

"Not too tall. I'm not that tall myself and I do not want to be the shorter than her." Laurens exclaimed. (This is an inside joke because my sister is really tall, and all the guys she likes are the same height or shorter then her.) "But definitely someone nice who is maybe looking for trouble."

"You're not looking for trouble." Peggy stated.

"Maybe not on purpose. But someone who wouldn't dump me if I got into a car accident, ran away, or if I got sick all in one week." Laurens made himself more clear.

"Oh, gotcha." Peggy replied as she typed his every word down on her laptop. She finished the account and typed in his interests for a date. One actually happened to come up.

"It says Mandy Pat." Peggy answered. "She lives near by and is 20. Kinda an age gap though."

"I just turned 19. Don't act like Angelica did with Laf. This is the real world where a one year age difference doesn't matter." Laurens said. (I typed in doesn't, and the thing that tries to guess your next word immediately said discriminate, between the. And now I have that song stuck in my head.)

"She looks nice." Peg nodded.

The girl did. She had peach colored hair with soft crystal eyes. She also apparently had a turtle and two brothers. Real brothers though, not that adopted brothers aren't real but... you get what I'm saying.

"Yeah, she seems really nice." Laurens nodded.

"You want me to set up a date?" Peggy asked.

"Eh, why not." He answered.

Peggy contacted Mandy and set up a meeting at the campus coffee shop for a little meet up. Nothing special, just to meet each other before deciding what to do from there. It wasn't a date date. Just a hang out date. But Laurens has had one of those before.
They were going to meet later that day after he was done with his classes.

The school day flew by quickly, Peggy texted Laurens just to remind him that he had a meet up after he was done. He had already remembered, but being the cinnamonroll he is, he sent a thank you text back.
John made his way to the cafe, making sure that he looked presentable.
He looked around and saw a woman that sorta resembled the girl he saw from the profile picture, but she didn't look nearly as pretty as she did before. She didn't look 20 either.
Before, she looked like the BigMac from the McDonald's commercial, but now she looked like the actually burger you get. You know what I'm saying?

He figured that was her, even though she didn't really look like the profile picture on her dating app account. So he walked over and sat down by her.

"Hi, are you Mandy?" He asked.

"Oh yes, you must be John then." She said. Her voice squeaky.

"Yeah, my friends call me Laurens." He took a seat.

"Why?"

"Oh, it's my last name." Laurens said awkwardly.

"Ok, my friends call me Mandy." She laughed.

"So Mandy, what do you do for a living?" He questioned.

"I do photoshop." She smiled.

"No!" Laurens tried not to burst out laughing.

"I know, you wouldn't be able to tell unless you saw something of mine. I don't exactly look like the photoshop type." Mandy chuckled.

"Well. I personally think you do if it makes you feel better." He smirked.

"Thank you, so what do you do for a living?" She asked.

"I'm a student at King's college." He answered.

"Good, getting an education. What major?"

"Art."

"Oh."

Laurens sighed. For some reason, everyone thought that he wasn't taking his life seriously because he had an art major. Even though he was gifted and would most likely end up just fine.

"Do you have any hobbies?" Laurens asked.

"Well, depends on what you consider a hobby." Mandy grinned.

Laurens felt a little uncomfortable.

"I need to go, could you maybe call my brother or something? I don't want to walk home alone." She asked.

Laurens sighed, he was a gentleman rather he liked it or not. "I'll walk you home."

"Oh thank you. You're so sweet." She stood up and began to walk out.

When they got back to her apartment, Mandy opened the door and asked if he wanted to come inside.

"Well, if you're ok now..." Laurens began. "I really should get going. I have class tomorrow."

"Well then maybe you could turn in early." She walked over to him and put her hand on his back. Gradually sliding down.

"O-Ok." He took a step back. "H-How old are you really?"

"35, but I've been told I look younger." She walked back over again, repeating what she just did.

"I'm 19."

"Age doesn't matter."

"It does when I'm still in school." Laurens felt all weird. He stepped back once more. But so did she.

"Tomato Tomaughto." She moved her hand down.

"Ok. That's it!" Laurens jumped back. "I'm sorry but this isn't gonna work. Good night!" He left.

He ran out of the building and hailed a cab, going straight to Peggy's dorm.

"Peg! I need to talk to you."

"Ok yeah sure." Peggy answered.

"I'll go visit Alister." Jane said as she hopped up and went out.

"Ok, so what happened?" Peggy asked. "How did it go?"

"You set me up with a cougar."

"You told me that a one year age difference isn't that big a deal, wimp." Peggy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but a 16 year difference is." Laurens admitted.

"No!"

"Yeah, and her picture was photoshopped." Laurens added.

"I am so sorry." Peggy laughed.

"You don't sound it."

"I'm really sorry, I just can't help myself." Peg chuckled.

"Why am I not surprised?" Laurens joked.

"Was she like crazy?"

"She tried to come on to me. Then I grabbed my stuff and ran away as fast as I could."

"So, we learned never to use a dating app ever again!" Peggy giggled.

"Never again!"