Lafayette's birthday!

A/N: Let's hope 20 is better then 18. Let's hope. Btw, it's November 5, and the high where I live today (In temperature I mean.) was 98 degrees. *internally screaming. And externally screaming*

Lafayette's birthday was here. Well technically not his actually birthday. He wanted to just have dinner and maybe see a movie, so his actually birthday would be peaceful. So he and his family could just relax and have a calming day. But... Adrianne still wanted him to have a party because she had never celebrated his birthday before. So she planned to have a surprise party for him. Alexander and Eliza were in charge of distracting him until the rest could get the house ready. Lafayette had no clue of what they were up to. Only that Alexander and Eliza wanted to take him out to lunch. Nothing else.

"Where do you want to go?" Eliza asked. "It would look weird if we asked him out to lunch and didn't even have a place in mind."

"How about the place we went to on our first date?" Alexander suggested. "What was it called, the Rose something?"

"The Rose Garden." Eliza corrected him. (I just went back and updated "The Date!" so this is why I'm saying this. Just in case you read that chapter before I edited it. I'm not completely done editing BTW.)

"Right, that place." Alexander said.

"Sounds good to me. They had good bread rolls." Eliza laughed.

"Yes, that is why we're going there. It has nothing to do with the fact that we fell in love there. Just the fact that they have good bread rolls." Alexander rolled his eyes.

"Hush, they did." Eliza gave him a shove.

"Alright alright. Let me go call and let him know." Alexander said. He pulled out his phone and dialed Lafayette's number.

"Salut?" Laf frenched.

"Morning. Me and Eliza have decided we are going to the Rose Garden for lunch. Where are you? I'll pick you up." Alexander replied.

"I'm at the dorms. Did you call Adrianne?" Laf asked.

"Uh, one second." Alexander paused. "What do I say?"

"Say she's not coming." Eliza stated.

"And it doesn't look suspicious that we're taking him to lunch and not bringing his wife?" Alexander asked.

"Just make something up." Eliza replied.

"Uh..." He went back to talking on the phone. "We asked her, but she said she was a little under the weather."

"Oh, well maybe I should check on her." Laf suggested.

"No! Uh... I mean... she said she wanted you to have fun and that she really is ok." Alexander quickly said.

"Alright." Laf answered suspiciously. "I'm still at the dorms so, meet me here I guess."

Alexander sighed in relief. He thought he had just blown it. But so far so good. "Ok uh, we'll be there soon." He then hung up and turned to face Eliza.

"Next time I'll call." She laughed. "I didn't know it was possible to say Uh, that many times in a sentence."

"And yet you still love me." He joked.

"Sometimes." Eliza joked to herself. "Come on, I'll drive."

They walked outside and jumped in Eliza's car. They drove to the campus and went straight to the dorms.

"Happy birthday Laf." Eliza smiled.

"Thank you. And thank you to Alexander for actually cleaning your side of the dorm for once in your life." Lafayette joked.