Halloween.

A/N: Here's a list of costumes.

Laurens: Marty McFly/Werewolf.

Peggy: Zombie cheerleader.

Alexander: Vampire. But not like a weird one. More like Edward Collin.

Lafayette: Chef. Cause.

Adrienne: Dorothy Gale.

Angelica: Pregnant nun. Jk, I couldn't help myself. She's a goddess.

John Church: Skeleton.

Eliza: Sexy cat. Idk.

Alister: Three hole punch Jim. Another cause.

Jane: Pirate.

Maria: Monica Lewinsky. Sorry, another Jk, but I'm weak and can't resist. She's a dentist.

James Reynolds: Basketball player.

Susie: Fairy princess.

Laurens was feeling better but he wasn't completely healed. And the author was tired and frustrated that Laurens keeps autocorrecting to Lauren's. But, that didn't stop either of them from moving on with life. Laurens still had a slight cough, but it wasn't a big deal. Kinda like that stupid cough that lasts a month after you get the flu. That sorta thing.
Alexander and Eliza, for the first time since their relationship started, were not going as a couple's costume. But that was ok. Especially after last year when Eliza wanted him to be Prince Eric, and she wanted to be Ariel. He shut that down within seconds and they ended up going as Robin Hood and Maid Miriam. It felt kinda strange not going as a couple, or at least not as a 'couple'. In the end though, it was for the best. Jane was doubting her costume, not because it didn't look good on her, she looked like the New Red head in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Minus the fact that her hair was brown. (I personally do not like the new red head. I understand why they did it, but I mean... It was funnier before. We wants the red head! And me wants the red head back.)
The reason however was Alister, not even because he didn't like it, which he did of course, but because....

"Rrrrrrrr you ready to go?" He asked.

"Wow!" Jane laughed.

"Would you like to walk the plank to the Schuyler ocean?"

She stared at him. "No keep it up. See how this night goes."

"I'm just saying! You don't need to stab me in the back." Alister replied. "Or put your hook in me."

"Sometimes I wonder how I love you." Jane rolled her eyes.

"But you do love me?"

"I suppose so." She joked. "I thought you said you were going to be henchman?"

"No, I said I was going to be three whole punched Jim. Like in the Office."

"I see that." Jane laughed as she saw the three paper circles on his white shirt.

"But seriously, we got to go." Alister said, then they both left for Schuyler Manor.

A/N: I looked up some Pirate pins, and honestly a lot of genuinely funny jokes popped up. Sadly, most of them were PG-13 which is why I didn't put them in.

Laurens had arrived early to help Peggy with some last minute things. Just some finishing touches. Washington and Martha were very immature about it. It truly would be a tragedy if the two never ended up together. 😈

"What are you supposed to be again?" Peggy asked.

"Come on. Tell me joking." Laurens stated.

"I don't know what you're supposed to be."

"You haven't seen Back to the Future, and you made fun of me for not seeing Jaws?" Laurens laughed.

"I think Daddy watched it, but I was doing something and didn't want to stop and watch." Peggy defended. "But who in that movie are you?"

"The main character."

"Who is?"

"Marty McFly?"

"Ok. I suppose we will just have to watch the movie then." Peggy suggested.

"Really? When?"

"How about Friday night at 7? We can invite Alexander and Lafayette too if you want."

"Alexander and Eliza are doing something on Friday, but I think Laf is free. Maybe Adrianne can come too." Laurens added.

"Sounds like fun."

"I'll bring you a donut for payback."

"If you want to pay me back then you need to get me 7 donuts."

"You brought me 7 donuts?"

"And three donut holes."

"Good to know."

Alexander and Eliza were driving over to her house.

"Why are you staring at me all creepy?" She asked.

"What?"

"You've been staring at me since we started driving. I'm glad I didn't let you drive or you probably would've hit something by now."

"I just think my wife looks beautiful tonight. Absolutely stunning!" Alexander smirked.

"You're very sweet."

"I know. You're sweeter."

"You're going to make me blush. Then I'll be red all night." Eliza smiled.

"Going to? Sweetie, your face is redder then Mars." Alexander laughed.

"Mars? Of all the red things on earth you thought of Mars first?"

"Just go with it."

They all arrived at the party with the other guests, and so the night began.

Meanwhile.... at a bar.....

"So you got dumped after she already agreed to marry you?" A man asked.

"Yep! She's a peach." A drunk Stephen replied. "But it's her loss, now she's just as lonely as me."

"Wait, you said her name was Peggy Schuler?" The man questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

"I got a friend at that party they throw every year, and she's not alone." The other man turned his phone around to show a picture of Peggy and Laurens.

"That no good little brat!!!" Stephen hissed. "He stole her from me!!!! That's why she called it off."

"Well, what are you going to do about it? You can't let this kid get away with your fiancé."

"What can I do about it?" Stephen slurred. "The only thing that would make her love me again was if he was out of the picture."

The man pulled out a small gun he had hidden in his coat pocket. "Then take him out of the picture."

Stephen had a big smirk spread across his face as he had already started planning. Being super drunk didn't help him, he wasn't going to stop this. Now all he could think of was this one idea, this one terrible, horrible, unthinkable thing that no human in their right mind would think of. Murder. And only one name was on that list...

John Laurens.

To be continued...