Healing.

A/N: Just a filler for the child to start healing.

Laurens was out of the hospital, but sadly on crutches for a few days. The rod in his leg was helping with the support, but he still couldn't put full pressure on his right leg until he adjusted to it. Both he and Peggy had admitted their feelings...

... sadly, not to each other. Laurens was still having doubts though. He knew he was with Peggy before and that she hurt him deeply, especially after promising him that she loved him and not Stephen. But she kissed Stephen not long after. He didnt want to go through that all again. Laurens needed time to think, and time to heal. Both physically and mentally. Sadly, school waits for no one to heal, so he had to do it in the evening. But luckily his roommate was a psychology major, so that was lucky. ;)

"Do you love her as much as you did when you first met her?" Alister asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't know why either. I just don't." Laurens sighed. "I think I do love her though, and that both relieves me and scares me."

"What happened the day you first met?"

"Alexander and Lafayette took me to see a movie. Alexander had just started going out with Eliza, which is why he invited her and her sisters to come with us." Laurens explained.

"And?"

"Alexander made it so we had to sit next to each other. He and Eliza knew right away that I liked her."

"Did you guys talk alot?"

"She did." Laurens joked. "But I didn't. I didn't really talk much then, everyone thought I was mute."

"Huh. What did you feel in that moment, when you first saw her?" Alister asked.

"Like I was meeting my wife." 

"Do you feel that now?"

"It's hard to tell. I kinda feel that, but whenever I do I just keep remembering what happened almost a year ago."

"Things like that can be hard. Trauma happens to effect people whenever the anniversary of the event comes." Alister began. "Did you feel anything last year like this?"

"No, well... nothing about Peggy anyway."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, it was right after me and Peggy got into a car accident, so I didnt really think about it too much. But it did bring back some things about my biological father." Laurens explained.

"Ooo, now we're getting somewhere!" Alister cheered all giddily. "Sorry."

"It's ok, I imagine you doing this is just as good practice as me doodling."

"Pretty much."

"Well, it's kinda hard to talk about." Laurens sighed. "It's just so... complicated now."

"Why is that?"

"He's out of prison. But in a good way this time. He tried to apologize and it just felt so weird."

"Hmm."

"I mean, how do you forgive someone who has done so much to you? How can an apology come out of a mouth that verbally abused me for years?"

"Interesting, when did all of this happen?" 

"Not too long ago. About a year. Right after he woke up from the coma."

"He was in a coma?"

"Yeah, after I shot him. Ok that sounds bad." Laurens corrected himself. "It was merely self defense because he kidnapped me and tried to kill Alexander."