Chapter-31

Taehyung's pov 

"Jina..."

"No, please. Don't stay here any longer. Please... leave."

"Jina...are you going to be like this forever?" I asked with a sad tone. 

"I guess so. It's for the best." She said, taking some papers and was about to exit. I stretched out my hand, making her to stop. 

I said "Please.... Don't do this. We miss you, Jina. We miss you so much. You're never like this. Be it anything, you would always come back to us. No matter what. But then.... Why are you like this all of a sudden now?"

"Because...I'm supposed to. Don't disturb me. And...try avoiding me." She said, pushing my arm away. I grabbed her by the wrist and said "I can't, Jina. I can't. We can't. I don't understand. When you told me that day that Bang PD nim told you to stay away from us, I thought you didn't take it seriously. Because, I know you can't stay away from us. I told you that we would meet each other very often and we could hangout but you're being just the opposite. I wanna be like how we all used to be together. Jin hyung is really angry. You're not responding to his texts nor calls. What is this supposed to mean? Does that mean you have left us? Are you gonna leave your family?"

 She didn't answer. She pulled her wrist out of my grasp and looked at me. She looked at me angrily but then I could see what was she going through. Behind that look, I could see that she was going through loneliness as no one is there with her. Her friend, Ara left her because of the other day she saw us kissing. Bang PD nim told her to stay away from us for good. Her family didn't even care about her since she was fourteen. She was all alone. She had a lot going on but acted like nothing was going on.

She just left without answering. I ran behind her to stop her but I couldn't. 

***

Jina's pov

I was so happy to see Taehyung. But then... I had to make him go away. I had to. I had no choice. I was doing everything for the best. I had to stay away. 

How can I leave you guys?

It was lunch break and I was in the canteen, eating my food. Suddenly, I heard someone pull a chair in front of me. I looked up to see who it was. It was Taehyung. I wanted to smile and hug him but I couldn't. I grunted instead. I asked "What now?" I acted like I didn't care. He sat on the chair and placed his face on his palms. He gave me his boxy smile. It was irresistible but I somehow tried to resist it. "Ugh! Stop giving me that smile and get lost." I said, trying to make him go away even when I didn't want him to.

"Oh Jina! How about you stop acting like you don't want me around and be normal."

"Who said that I'm acting? I'm not." I said, scoffing.

"Of course, you are. I can see it in your eyes."

"Like my eyes are a book wherein you can just read anything." 

"I've known you since a long time so I can say when you're acting and when you're not."

"Oh yeah, yeah."

"Jina.... Just stop it already. Where's the Jina who cares and is kind and happy all the time? Where is she?"

"She's dead."

"Nope...she's here. I know you, Jina. I know how you're feeling. I know everything you're going through. I wanna be on your side but for that you've gotta let me to. You've gotta let us to."

"Well, if you know how I'm feeling then tell me what I'm feeling right now?"

"Loneliness. You're feeling lonely and alone. You're scared. I can sense it in you." My eyes softened when he said that. He was saying the truth. I was alone. I had nobody to talk with. I had nobody to share my feelings with. I had nobody. He continued, holding my hand in his "But... if you come back then we could all be together again. We could laugh and cry together. We could share our feelings together. We could do everything together...as a family."