Chapter 10- Preparations for the Feast

Su Qing jumped as though his tail had been stepped on—Chen Lin stood with arms crossed beside the door that had been opened at some point. He looked at Su Qing with a smile that made you want to smack him, then turned his eyes on Cheng Weizhi and asked again: "Tell me, the flaw in the blue seals' energy crystal system—what is it?"

Cheng Weizhi became obviously nervous at his appearance, all ten fingers digging firmly into the window frame as though searching for support. But Su Qing had obviously become bolder after nearly a month of tempering. He had found the means of remaining firm in battle. In his one-on-four fights, the germ of an inclination towards violence had unconsciously grown up. From a delicate pretty boy young master, he had turned into a hardy expert fighter.

His eyes fell on Chen Lin's neck. Grinding his teeth, he began considering where to strike.

Chen Lin passed right by him and looked Cheng Weizhi over. "Whose little grey are you?"

Cheng Weizhi leaned against the window and quietly said, "I'm...a Type 1."

"Oh, a Type 1." Chen Lin nodded. "Li Gu and Gui Song's little greys are Type 1s. What a pity... You're right. The blue seals' energy crystal system does in fact contain a flaw. Human emotions are often mixed together and can't be categorized so clearly. During each energy conversion, many unnecessary things get taken in. They need to be cleaned up externally."

"In a..." Cheng Weizhi couldn't resist responding, but when he spoke he found that his throat was parched. He cleared his throat a little unnaturally. "In a metabolic system that hasn't successfully integrated with the organism, there will be many problems..."

Seeing the two of them begin to go back and forth discussing scientific problems, Su Qing thought that such an opportunity wouldn't come again. He stealthily picked up a fruit knife from the coffee table—it had been brought out by the Type 4s, then seized by Su Qing—gently extended the blade, and slowly came up behind Chen Lin.

"For example, unsteadiness," Chen Lin said. Just then, while he was distracted by talking, Su Qing seized his chance and raised the little knife, jabbing down towards Chen Lin's neck. As though he had eyes on the back of his head, Chen Lin raised a hand and precisely caught Su Qing's wrist. His strength was astonishing. Su Qing felt as though his wrist was about to snap. He was dragged down, and the small knife fell to the floor.

Without any effort, Chen Lin twisted his arm behind his back and held him to himself, one hand clutching his neck. His fingers were ice-cold. Su Qing was forced to raise his head. Chen Lin laughed and looked up, carelessly saying to Chen Weizhi, "If we don't go through a cleaning for a long time, we enter a very unsteady state, like a grey seal going into mental chaos on his first mission from lack of habit. Our seal dims, our eyes become bloodshot, and also..."

He lowered his head and sniffed the side of Su Qing's neck, then glanced up at him. "It becomes very hard for us to be responsible for our own behavior—Su Qing, you were so well-behaved when you first came here. How come you can make such a disturbance now?"

Su Qing thought, Like hell I'm afraid of you, I've still got an invincible little steel fork in my pocket.

Then Chen Lin reached into his pocket. Su Qing felt a chill at heart and thought, I'm done for. I forgot this Martian shitheel reads minds.

Actually, Chen Lin could only sense others' emotions; he couldn't really read minds. The main reason he knew this brat was hiding a lethal weapon in his pocket was that he had seen it many times on the security monitor. Those comrades whose IQs had been shattered by anger had come to grief from it.

Su Qing howled. "Where-where the fuck are you touching?"

Chen Lin took the steel fork from his pocket and dropped it on the ground, then stuck his ice-cold fingers into Su Qing's shirt, sliding up along his waist, so chilly that Su Qing gave a start. The smile on Chen Lin's face was gone. "What, after this long, you still haven't figured it out? Little greys aren't people, they're our...personal property."