Chapter 58-Don't Trust Anyone

Su Qing, full of curiosity, stole a glance at the light blue bracelet in the evidence bag. He thought that Hu Bugui was concentrating on driving, so he stealthily reached out a paw to try touching it, to see what would happen this time. But before he could touch it, Hu Bugui slapped his hand away.

A very faint redness instantly rose on the back of Su Qing's hand. Seeing that Hu Bugui was still concentrating completely on the road ahead, he rubbed his nose and awkwardly drew his hand back.

A flat voice came from the speaker on the car's ceiling: "Captain Hu, I'm in position."

Hu Bugui said, "Copy."

Su Qing blinked. "You sent someone to keep an eye on Dong Jing's house?"

Hu Bugui confirmed it. Su Qing recalled the mysterious sniper he had encountered the other day and swallowed a question—if that sniper was still there, how many people would you have to send to keep them from killing someone?

He thought that this whole thing was bewildering. He had a faint strange feeling, as though a pair of eyes was constantly watching him from the shadows with menace.

Dong Jianguo's family were all ordinary people. Why would such people be watching his home? Why would there be such an important item on Dong Jing's arm without these people caring about it? Could they be continuing their human experimentation, and could there be something special about it, targeted against the RZ Unit?

Returning to the starting point of the question, Utopia was awesome enough to block any signal, like an unrivaled little magic turtle hiding in its shell and acting without scruple. How could they reveal such an important and peculiar signal and let them "just happen" to receive it?

And those white coats had always been insufferably full of themselves, with keeping out of sight as their unwavering first principle. Even during a hasty escape, they hadn't forgotten to make sure they weren't leaving their enemy a scrap. Why hadn't they dealt with the bodies?

Human bodies weren't some hard to deal with non-recyclable waste. And anyway, even if they didn't deal with the bodies, couldn't they at least have taken the bracelets off those unlucky "lab mice" and tossed them?

This case had simply been delivered into their hands.

No, Su Qing thought—if he himself hadn't come along that day, Hu Bugui and the others wouldn't have noticed anything special about that thing. The old model energy detector wouldn't have reacted to it, and the bracelet would have been sealed along with the body's cigarettes and wallet and passed on to public security later.

So this case had simply been delivered into his hands.

Then there were those emotions that had been communicated to his mind. The previous two times, it had all been fear. Maybe these had been the violent emotional fluctuations of the victims before their deaths. But this time, the bracelet had been worn on the arm of a healthy and active little girl. What would there be in it?

Su Qing stared at the light blue bracelet, his heart practically itching.

But before parking the car, Hu Bugui very uncooperatively picked up the evidence bag with the blue bracelet and tucked it into an inside pocket of his coat.

Su Qing: "..."

Hu Bugui calmly said, "Get out. Call everyone in. We're holding a meeting."

Su Qing said, "Captain Hu, you're actually trying to get me to take your clothes off, right?"

Without another word, Hu Bugui stiffly got out of the car, then turned and left, trying once again to ignore him.

There was a body lying in the middle of the conference room—Dong Liang. Dong Liang's arm had been dissected, revealing tissues that still made a person slightly sick to look at despite knowing that they had all the same things. Lu Qingbai raised tweezers and pulled out a long, thin thread. It was clear and looked a little like fishing line. He placed it into a basin Xue Xiaolu was holding.