Chapter 102

"What...is that thing?"

In the ST Base's control room, everyone was staring dumbfounded at the slowly expanding scope of the map on the screen.

It embraced the whole world. Dozens of points seemed to throw out countless rays. They linked together like an enormous and malicious spider's web.

"What is this?" Fang Xiu asked.

At the same time, another person asked exactly the same question as Fang Xiu. This person seemed very old—though his true age might perhaps not have been nearly as old and decayed as it seemed, it was as though he had begun to rot at the soul. He sat on a couch, leaning forward, a feverish look on his age-spotted face, looking obsessively at those linked-together points.

Even 11235 standing next to him couldn't resist sticking his head out and looking rather curiously.

"They're seeds." There was a communicator arranged on the table. The upper half of man's body appeared in front of the two of them. This man had a full head of white hair, but he seemed very energetic. He had a pair of rimless glasses on his nose. His eyes were very cold; a layer of glass seemed to be floating on top of them, faintly reflecting light, like the eyes of some cold-blooded animal.

"Dr. Zheng." The man turned his head eagerly.

But Zheng Qinghua turned his head away, looking at the web that was gradually encircling the whole world. He frowned. "I didn't want to make Utopia appear so quickly. The time may not be entirely ripe. But the area of the central processor has been invaded..."

Then he laughed. There was a certain unspeakable childishness about Zheng Qinghua's laugh. "Though I was forced to it, it seems now that making the seeds sprout and blossom ahead of time is no bad thing."

The man's voice trembled a little. "This is...Utopia?"

"Yes." Zheng Qinghua's voice unexpectedly sounded somewhat tender. He extended slender, attractive fingers and brushed the electronic screen, following the threads of the "web." "These are the seeds that we have buried throughout the world. This may be illusory, and it may be real. When the central processor's energy field has been radiated out, the 'seeds' will grow up rapidly. Different spaces will overlap outside the real space and replace the dimension of reality, and Utopia will be born, relying on the emotional energy of all the humans in the world. This will be a completely different world..."

"So...will time run backwards?" The man straightened up, his features so excited that they were a little warped. His face was nearly pressed to the communicator's screen, making him look increasingly ugly. "Will I return to the age of my prime? You can do that, can't you, Dr. Zheng?"

The childlike smile on Zheng Qinghua's face gradually cooled, returning it to an expressionless appearance. He looked coldly at Fei Zhe and indifferently said, "Of course."

The man seemed too excited. He suddenly began to tremble all over, his lips turning pale, his whole body stiffening, clutching his collar tightly, his eyes rolling up.

"Wow," said 11235.

Only then did Zheng Qinghua see 11235 standing there like an invisible man. He quietly said, "It's you? I rarely see you. I guess you had better...find some medicine for him."

11235 slowly went up in leisurely fashion and fished a little pill bottle out of a jacket lying on the couch. He roughly opened the man's mouth. Rather than calling his action "feeding medicine," it would be more accurate to say that he "stuffed" the medicine in. Then he raised his head and laughed towards Zheng Qinghua. "You're wrong, I actually haven't seen a single glimpse of you, Mr. Beast in Human Clothing Doctor. Aren't you the one who's as cowardly as a rabbit, hiding yourself all day, only contacting others over communicators?"