EXTRA 3

The drizzle fell endlessly, and the sky was overcast. The ground was wet. A man with a hood over his head passed quickly through the little alley, tightly clutching a parcel hidden under his arm. His other hand was hidden in his pocket, the fingers tightly clutching a gun, but his hand was trembling.

Suddenly, a person's footsteps came from the other end of the little alley. The man froze, his chest heaving rapidly, his whole body tensed. He stopped.

It can't be, the man thought. He was well-concealed and hadn't slipped up in his actions. The people pursuing him couldn't be walking so steadily and carelessly. It was normal for people to come and go here. There was no need to be nervous. It was only a passerby...

Then he saw the man coming from the other end of the little alley. This person was very tall. He had an umbrella in his hand, held very low. His face couldn't be seen. His pant legs and the hem of his trench coat were a little wet. Only the hand holding the handle of the umbrella was visible. The fingers were long and slender, the nails very clean.

The man watched him unhurriedly walk over step by step. His heart rate nearly reached its limit. The person was already in front of him. He quietly said, "Please make way."

The man turned, pressing his spine to the damp wall, freeing half the space for the other person to pass by. The moment they brushed shoulders, the person with the big umbrella at last raised the umbrella slightly, letting the man see his face clearly, as well as the smile on that face.

There was a gunshot in the little alley.

Five minutes later, both ends of the alley were blocked by cars. A team of armed RZ Unit personnel charged in. The rain had stopped entirely. Su Qing folded up the black umbrella and held it. He pressed on the communicator in his ear and rather helplessly said, "Hey, haven't you two had enough..."

In headquarters' observation room, Chang Dou and Lu Qingbai were as thrilled as a cheerleading squad. Lu Qingbai said, "Did you see that? After he said that, without warning, he shot that person in the arm right here, precisely so he wouldn't be able to move the hand holding his gun. He had to judge which hand was holding the gun and which was holding something else. He also had to aim and choose his time right."

"Cool!" Chang Dou's eyes were glistening.

"Cough up, cough up!" Lu Qingbai said. "Who said just now that that brat would turn and run when he heard footsteps? Hurry and cough up the money!"

Chang Dou and the other technicians each helplessly pulled out a red Grandpa Mao and offered it up to Dr. Lu.

Su Qing put in an appearance on the communicator: "Lao Lu, give me half when I see you."

Lu Qingbai stuck the money in his pocket. "On what grounds?"

"Nonsense," Su Qing said. "Just try that with Captain Hu coming from the other direction. Never mind this little rabbit, a big wolf would have been scared off. I made at least a three-quarters contribution to winning the money. It's putting myself at a disadvantage to ask for half."

Hu Bugui's voice also came from the communicator. He very strictly condemned this conduct of gambling in headquarters and indicated that as a disciplinary action, all illicit funds given to the participants would be confiscated.

Everyone had been in a very good mood lately, especially Su Qing. Cooperating with Tu Tutu, the big and little scourge together had fixed up Hu Bugui's old mother with every sort of slick talk, getting her to the point of acknowledging Su Qing as a godson. After consolidating the sentiment, he had immediately pressed his advantage, to the point that Hu Bugui's lips had loosened, and he had confessed everything. They had actually gotten through it without mishap.