Chapter 62-The Life-Saving Bullet

The RZ Unit was in a bustle. No one had noticed Su Qing's disappearance. Suddenly, a sharp alarm different from previous ones came from the tech department. Everyone's first assumption was that Xu Ruchong was performing dangerous experiments again. But they waited and didn't hear the familiar sound of an explosion, and the cry of the alarm became sharper and sharper.

Fang Xiu opened the door of the tech department and went in. He found all the members with their heads tilted back, staring blankly at a screen, all with perplexed and vacant expressions. There was nothing that looked especially inhuman on the experiment table. Fang Xiu frowned and, along with all the researchers, looked in bewilderment at the screen where data and grids were constantly appearing. Up, down, left, right—only in a corner was there was string of small warning characters that he understood—strong unusual energy reaction.

Fang Xiu turned on the communicator hooked over his ear. "Captain Hu, come over here. It seems like something isn't right."

Hu Bugui hurried over three minutes later with Xue Xiaolu. Miss Xiaolu was hugging a big stack of documents and had trotted the whole way. Gasping for breath, she joined the others in staring blankly at the big screen. With emotion, she said, "Gracious, Master Xu is gone for one day and this thing gets lovesick?"

Hu Bugui asked, "Is it a breakdown or an emergency?"

One of the researchers finally remembered that he was in charge when Xu Ruchong wasn't there. He saluted. "Reporting to Captain Hu, the factors of a breakdown have basically been eliminated, but we've still never received such an explosive energy signal. The database is unable to classify..."

But before he finished speaking, he saw the grids on the big screen slowly take shape and converge into a figure and break free of the background—this was a circle composed of two half-moon shapes, faintly sparkling with a dim luster. The image grew larger and larger, until it filled the whole screen.

Hu Bugui realized something and pressed on the button of his communicator, contacting Su Qing, but the signal was distorted. Xue Xiaolu looked furtively at their Captain Hu and clearly saw the corner of his eye twitch several times. He said, "Locate the site of the unusual energy ASAP!"

Then, ashen-faced, he turned and strode away. He made straight for the surveillance room, kicking open the unlocked door—there was nothing inside but a stack of cigarette butts. By the time Hu Bugui noticed that Su Qing's defense box was set intact on the floor, he could entirely have gone on stage to substitute for the grim-faced Zhang Fei.

Hu Bugui went right to the sixth floor and pounded on Su Qing's door several times. No one paid attention. Xue Xiaolu very tactfully said, "I'll go get the tech department to order the fingerprint recognition system to open the..."

She didn't finish, because she saw Hu Bugui get a fingerprint mold out of his pocket and press it twice to the scanner. A beep, and the door opened. Hu Bugui went in.

Xue Xiaolu felt her worldview collapse in that moment—could this...could this be the legendary secretly getting the keys to your house without letting you know in case of emergency, for example in case of an attack at night, all this and that...

Captain Hu, your exterior is virtuous and moral, but inside you're a beast in human clothes, full of unspeakable things! A beast in human clothes!

Tu Tutu had been playing a game. The moment the door opened, he could tell that the person opening the door at this frequency wasn't Su Qing, so he did one thing—he quickly plugged his headphones into the headphone port on his laptop and with lightning speed pulled the headphones over his ears.

Hu Bugui opened the door and came in. He saw Tu Tutu sitting in the room alone, his ears covered by the big headphones, the music on them so loud that he could hear it even by the door. It hopped around along with the jumbled little people on the screen. He raised his hand to pat the child on the shoulder, and Tu Tutu pretended to be extremely startled. He immediately took off the headphones and turned around. Then he patted himself on the chest. "Oh, my goodness, I thought it was the Prince Regent coming back! If he saw me playing games, it would have been another self-criticism service."