Chapter 95

At this time, Hu Bugui and Kou Tong had their heads buried in a big stack of materials. Fang Xiu and Qin Luo were limbering up, and Su Qing had gone out—Su Qing spent all day hanging around outside. His network had reached an unbelievable extent.

In this aspect, Ji Pengcheng praised him unreservedly. The student had not only completed his apprenticeship, he had also rather surpassed his master—Su Qing had probably been born with a few more trickster cells than others. He had everything a professional swindler needed. Extremely powerful discernment, and the ability to change his identity in a short time—like a chameleon, he had "changed" into countless people. The roads he had walked and the things he had done added together surpassed what others had done in a whole lifetime.

In very hardcore style, the three of them had taken Zheng Wan's body apart and put it back together. Lu Qingbai pushed the mobile dissection table in, picked up a scalpel, and rapped on the dissection table's stainless steel instruments. As though serving food in a dining hall, he yelled: "Ladies and fellow villagers, come quick, come quick, everyone over here!"

Kou Tong glanced beside him. "Where's Su Qing?"

Hu Bugui pressed on a communicator on the table. At this time, the other side's communicator would sound, notifying him that a request had been received. Almost at once, like a summoned creature, Su Qing linked up his communicator. His voice came: "I'm here. What is it?"

"Lu Qingbai and the others have found something. Where are you now? Can you listen?"

The communicator's speaker was on. Where Su Qing was, there was a clamor of voices and all kinds of noises. Hu Bugui heard QQ beeps and a crowd of people who were doing something loudly crying out: "Chop!", "Hurry, hurry, show me the blood!", "Oh, fuck! Does it have to be so savage? Are there such psycho bosses?", "Support me, brothers! Stop screwing around!"

The sounds echoed throughout the room, instantly dissipating the atmosphere of cutting-edge science.

Fang Xiu couldn't resist laughing. He picked up a towel to wipe away sweat. "Where are you?"

"An internet cafe. I asked a friend to do something for me." Su Qing seemed to have walked out. All the background noise of the internet cafe was gone. "What did they find?"

"We found out the nature of this field," Chang Dou said, his eyes glowing. He paused deliberately and looked expectantly at Hu Bugui, then turned his head and looked at Fang Xiu. From his pointed chin to his messy hair, from his round eyes to his little glasses, each cell was twinkling a blinding light of "Praise me, praise me now."

Fang Xiu said, "What's so magical that it took you guys this long?"

Hu Bugui said, "Pick out the important things to say. You can omit expounding on the process."

Su Qing wasn't present, but he still couldn't resist chipping in over the communicator: "Use language that humans can understand."

"Oh..." Chang Dou lowered his head like a frosted eggplant. Aggrieved, he looked helplessly at Zheng Wan's headless body for a second. Then he pulled up a whiteboard beside the mobile dissection table. It was covered in all kinds of bizarre equations.

"This field requires Zheng Wan's energy crystal to be in an active state. She isn't a grey seal in the ordinary sense. She must be another half-successful experiment," Chang Dou explained.

"Like me," Cheng Weizhi picked up. Pointing at the complicated tattoo on Zheng Wan's back, he said, "These channels were manmade, like the way I was made into an 'energy hub.' But Zheng Wan is an energy field activator. This thing is very complicated. Dr. Lu has already found that its energy source material is emotional energy. Su Qing mentioned that in the basement, he saw four lights. If I've reckoned correctly, those lights were four input channels for emotional energy."