Chapter 34-Timidity

Su Qing spent a hundred yuan to buy two sets of clothes, one adult and child, for himself and Tu Tutu to change into. Tu Tutu asked, "Uncle Annoying, what are we doing?"

Hearing this form of address, Su Qing frowned. He explained briefly where they were going, then half-crouched and said to Tu Tutu in deadly earnest: "Listen, let's talk something over. You act as my son from now on, change your name to Su Tutu. Tu Tutu sounds awful. It's like a tractor."

This hit Tu Tutu directly in his sore spot. The child's greatest defeat in life was his name. He had probably had many children in school give him nicknames. As soon as he heard this, his eyes reddened, his lips pursed, and tears trembled on the rims of his eyes.

He took a deep breath from the diaphragm and stood as though ready to howl. Su Qing softened at once. Trembling, he said, "Chief, I was wrong, spare this unworthy one's life. I won't dare to do it again. You aren't my son, you're my ancestor."

After a moment, he insolently added, "Though actually...my ancestors were also surnamed Su."

Tu Tutu: "Wah—"

So Su Qing shelled out three coins, made his way into a KFC, and bought an ice cream cone. In his poor and wretched situation, where each yuan had to be stretched to the limit, he regretted the expenditure so much that he looked constipated. Then he carried the little devil around on his shoulders for ages to cheer him up. Only then did the little chief finally agree not to take issue with him.

Tu Tutu knocked on Su Qing's head. "You can put me down."

Su Qing thought, The little devil's finally found his conscience. Then he heard him say, "There's not enough space, and it hurts my butt. I'm uncomfortable."

Su Qing's inner world was full of tears amid a raging storm.

Next, Tu Tutu raised the ice cream cone that he had licked all over and asked, "Do you want some?"

Before Su Qing could answer that he didn't, the little devil decided for himself to withdraw the ice cream. "Fine, I know you don't."

Su Qing: "..."

He felt that in the blink of an eye the little devil had taken liberties with him twice.

He looked up at the increasingly familiar scenery of the neighborhood. Three or four blocks from his house, he suddenly stopped and swatted Tu Tutu on the back of the head, saying, "We're going to see Grandpa. You have to be polite."

Tu Tutu was happily nibbling on his ice cream. He nodded deferentially.

Su Qing suddenly felt a little timid as he approached his old home. He couldn't resist saying, "If Grandpa asks how you're doing in school, you say you're doing all right. You hear me? You're not allowed to talk about testing last in your class."

Tu Tutu impatiently shook his hand off. "I know. Every time someone asked my mom, she would say, 'Tolerably well, he's just not very studious, but the teacher says he has a lot of potential.'"

Su Qing was silent for a moment. He raised his hand and smacked the top of his head. "You're also not allowed to keep imitating your mom."

Tu Tutu: "..."

Then he raised his head and rolled his eyes to look at Su Qing. He waved a hand and said, "There's no need for you to worry about that."

"Motherfaker... You're also not allowed to imitate me!"

Just then, a car came around the corner. Su Qing just glimpsed it out of the corner of his eye and subconsciously picked Tu Tutu up, dodging aside extremely fast. His vision was different from before. A single look, and he had seen that sitting in that car were Su Chengde and a young assistant from his company. The two of them were dressed very formally. It seemed that they had just finished work. The car stopped at the intersection up ahead.