Chapter 91

Those present were obviously struck by lightning. They hadn't expected that their own faction could have such a brutal presence. Su Qing's wooden leg had been half-dismantled. He let it hang suspended in midair, forgetting to even put it down. He couldn't resist asking, "So...what does this deity do?"

Director Sun shrugged. "Sorry, for their safety, all of our contacts are unidirectional. I can only request their assistance when they voluntarily contact me, and they hold the initiative to arrange the next contact time and method. Furthermore, I can't know who they actually are or what position they hold in Utopia, unless they expose themselves. I've already told them about this matter. Your current most urgent task is to assemble the RZ Unit, especially the technicians and the well-matched field personnel..."

As he said this, his phone suddenly rang. Director Sun picked up. After a moment, he smiled. "Everyone, good news. Our first expert special assistant has arrived. I'll go get him."

In a moment, Director Sun came back with a young man—the newcomer was someone they all knew. It was the mysterious itinerant doctor Kou Tong, who had performed mirror image appraisals at the "ST" Training Camp.

This Dr. Kou seemed to be in a hurry as before, sporting a head of messy hair, his overly thin body seeming to sway even without a wind. He had a little retro satchel under his arm and wore a sparkling smile. He made his appearance in front of everyone as though nothing was happening outside—as though the people in front of him were a harmonious and fine party gathered at a spring barbecue, not wanted criminals surrounding a weird corpse.

"Good afternoon, everyone!" he said vigorously.

Apart from Su Qing's normal response of "Hello, Dr. Kou," the others were all astonished.

Cheng Weizhi said, "Who is this?"

Lu Qingbai said, "Shit, why do I feel like I've traveled in time?"

Hu Bugui immediately asked Director Sun, "Isn't Dr. Kou an external employee? How can he participate in our operations at a time like this? The danger and..."

"You can give me a lie detector test. I'm absolutely loyal to the organization," Dr. Kou said, still giving off spring sunshine. "Or you could interrogate me. Really, I'll answer any question."

Su Qing, beaming, asked, "Please provide your bank card account number and PIN as well as your bust, waist, and hip measurements, accurate to the millimeter."

"My personal bank card has been canceled. I have to depend on all of you for support now. Isn't the money General Xiong left enough?" Kou Tong winked at him. "If it isn't enough, that's all right. There are so many anti-government organizations in the world. Utopia aren't the only ones with sponsors. As for the measurements..."

He very boldly opened his arms. "Come on, you can come take a look."

Su Qing stood up, eager to have a go. Then Hu Bugui glared at him. Su Qing rubbed his nose, wilted, and sat back down in defeat. As though nothing were the matter, he smiled at Kou Tong. "Well, I was joking."

Kou Tong openly walked over and glanced at Zheng Wan's body. Very insincerely, he said, "Oh, a dead person!"

Then he took a stack of documents from his bag, pushed Zheng Wan's body aside, and put the document down. He drew everyone's gazes, then said, "These are duplicates of the results of your mirror image test appraisals from last time at the training camp. I used the mirror image results and the synthesized manifestations when you were drawn into the multidimensional space under the influence of the enforced sleep device to make these hasty assessments. I'm very sorry. According to convention, I would keep these results confidential. In principle, apart from yourselves, no one should be able to see the appraisal results. They belong to the category of strictly confidential documents. But this is a time of emergency. I hope you can understand."