Chapter 98

At first, N Country had in fact staunchly opposed the Utopia Project. Later they had gradually changed to tacitly acknowledging it.

The opposition was actually easy to understand. Utopia was like a precious treasure that N Country had invested a great deal of time into carefully cultivating. When at last it was about to ripen, before they could take a bite, the treasure had spread its wings and run off on its own.

Their attitude changing later was very delicate. Utopia must have had something on them to force N Country's government to come to terms.

The next day, Su Qing came back very early. Presumably Hu Bugui's wild reaction to his late return the night before had scared him. But while he came back, his expression wasn't very pleased. He stopped the car at the orphanage's back gate and was just about to go in. But as soon as he raised his head, he found that there was already someone waiting for him at the door.

There was always a smiling look on Kou Tong's face, as though nothing worried him. Su Qing always thought that this itinerant doctor with his mysterious comings and goings had some means of his own, some perhaps limitless means, for getting close to others. He could never resist judging others according to his own level. He thought, what was Kou Tong scheming?

In this era, after constant reforms, the medical treatment and sanitation systems were maturing day by day. Whether public or private, everything had been brought under the scope of medical insurance. Even village medicine, like country clinics, had its position. The term "itinerant doctor" practically belonged to lexicons in history textbooks.

Never mind that this Dr. Kou was a psychologist.

If someone else had claimed this identity of his, they most likely would have been taken for a swindler. But in fact his prestige in his profession was very high. He had actually become the specially invited expert of a secret organization like the ST Training Course. An expert like this had given up on readily obtained fame and fortune and was living as rough as a barefoot doctor. Why?

As his thoughts roamed, his face displayed a smile that showed no impression of them. "Dr. Kou, why are you standing here?"

"Waiting for you," Kou Tong said.

Su Qing automatically looked somewhere else. Then Kou Tong unhurriedly said, "Don't search. Captain Hu isn't here."

Su Qing rubbed the bridge of his nose, looking at him in some exasperation. He lowered his voice. "Why do you keep antagonizing him? Nothing better to do?"

Kou Tong smiled, showing a mouthful of small white teeth. "I want to pursue you. It's normal to have a rival in love."

Bullshit, Su Qing thought, but he very politely said, "How kind of you."

Kou Tong said, "No need to be modest."

"My stomach is used to eating noodles and can't digest shark's fin," Su Qing continued politely.

"You flatter me." It was as though Kou Tong couldn't tell what he meant.

Su Qing paused. He found that there was nothing he could do with this guy who kept pushing his luck. So he bluntly said, "All right, Dr. Kou. From substance to exterior, you don't especially suit my tastes. You would give me the runs."

This time Dr. Kou was grieved. "Others turn people down nicely, but you're turning me down with the runs!"

Su Qing: "..."

This was clearly because the enemy's defensive index was too high and turning him down nicely hadn't had enough destructive power. It had all bounced back!