Chapter 78-Crisis Lifted

Though the experience was hair-raising, the three of them still climbed out alive. The receiving rescue workers immediately took away the half-dead people in the car to conduct further monitoring and treatment. His first time taking charge, Chang Dou had succeeded in keeping the impact of the explosion to within the limits of the ionosphere. Apart from a single 4.0 magnitude earthquake that occurred on the spot, from which the surrounding cities felt a slight tremor, after intense observation for seventy-two hours, there were for the moment no more serious events.

It seemed that they had...succeeded.

Though to Hu Bugui's eyes, the outcome wasn't so ideal.

After returning from the ST Training Course, everyone had rushed right to the scene. Time had been so tight that they had not even had time to eat or sleep. So after they returned to headquarters, they didn't even hold a wrap-up meeting. Hu Bugui gave a brief five-minute report, and the RZ Unit dispersed on the spot, each going to rest.

Su Qing considered, then first went to see Qin Luo.

In eight hundred years, Qin Luo had had no experience in receiving guests. As soon as she saw Su Qing, she froze. After working together for so long and spending over half a week being tormented at the ST Training Course together, in Qin Luo's eyes, Su Qing had finally lost the dangerous label of "strange member of the opposite sex" and become an acquaintance in front of whom she could speak fluently.

But though he was an acquaintance, Qin Luo still didn't know how to receive a guest who came to her door. She stood bolt upright in the doorway looking helplessly at Su Qing for a long while. Then she finally asked, "Should I let you in?"

Su Qing: "..."

Qin Luo scrambled to let him in, then furtively fished a little notebook out of her pocket. Su Qing just caught a glance and saw what was written on it: "Step two, have the guest sit down and inquire whether they want a drink."

He simply didn't know what to say.

Qin Luo mechanically pointed to the couch and said, "Sit down, what are you drinking?"

A pause, and she herself felt that that her tone was a little stiff, so she asked a little uncertainly, "Is that the right thing to say? If I get it wrong...if I get it wrong, don't take it to heart."

Su Qing waved a hand to keep her from bustling. "I came to ask you for something."

Qin Luo considered. This social interaction wasn't written down in the notebook. So she nodded foolishly. "OK."

Su Qing: "..."

He sighed. "Such a grown-up young lady. Don't be so earnest. Don't be so quick to agree before the other person's even said what he wants."

"Oh, OK." Qin Luo nodded. "So what do you want?"

"When we went to Dong Jianguo's house, I ran into a sniper. Do you recall?"

Qin Luo's expression became proper. She switched right over from airhead girl mode to sharpshooting female bruiser. She frowned, a bit of viciousness appearing on her delicate features. "I know of him. I've heard that he has a code name, 11235. I don't know what his name is. He holds first place in the circle of assassins. There are those who say that when it comes to using a gun, no one can beat him."

As Qin Luo spoke, she looked eager to have a go. "Actually, I've always wanted to go up against him, but I haven't had the chance."

Su Qing hesitated. "I've heard that your marksmanship is the best in the unit."

Qin Luo first nodded candidly. She said, "Yeah."

Then she felt that wasn't right. This didn't seem to be what the little book said. So she flipped back two pages and saw that, as expected, she had said the wrong thing. A little strained, she clutched her hair, and her cheeks flushed slightly. She said, "Oh...actually, I'm not all that good, everyone is exaggerating."