Chatper 68-Fleeting

Su Qing was basically entirely resting against Hu Bugui. This time he couldn't tease. His chest still hurt, as though something heavy were pressing down on it. Everything looked a little blurry, and there seemed to be some membrane over his ears, impacting even his hearing.

Hu Bugui squatted down and looked at his pale fingers pressing his chest. Anxiously, he asked, "Do you want me to carry you on my back? Where does it hurt?"

Su Qing feebly waved a hand. "I can't even see very clearly right now. Captain Hu, is this ST Training Course thing harmful?"

Hu Bugui frowned. He hadn't noticed anything wrong—until Su Qing had reminded him, he had entirely forgotten that he was at the ST Training Course. Hu Bugui raised a hand and waved it in front of Su Qing's eyes. "Like this...can you see?"

Su Qing gasped twice, then quietly said, "Not that kind of not seeing clearly. It's further away. Everything is a little blurry."

Hu Bugui rubbed his palm to warm it up and lightly put it over his eyelids. "Does this hurt?"

Su Qing shook his head. After a while, Hu Bugui lowered his hand and asked, "Is it still blurry?"

Su Qing nodded. Hu Bugui pointed to a nearby tree and asked, "Do you see that tree? Can you see the branches and leaves clearly? Is there double vision... Oh, you can still see it. Where can't you see clearly?"

Su Qing squinted. "Around...the fifth or sixth tree is a little blurry."

Hu Bugui glanced in the direction he was looking, paused, then said, "Actually, I can only see up to around the seventh tree."

Su Qing instantly realized what Hu Bugui meant. "You mean that...my physical condition now is what it was before I had the two grey seals?"

Before Hu Bugui could nod, Su Qing continued, "But I could still walk upright before."

It was easy to go from frugality to luxury, but hard to go from luxury to frugality—Hu Bugui sighed, pulled over Su Qing's arm and put it around his neck, put his other arm around Su Qing's waist, and lifted, half supporting and half carrying him. He thought that the weight he was holding wasn't quite right, so he said, "Are there some heavy objects on you that you haven't removed? Take them out right now."

Only then did Su Qing remember that he still had some mystical stones of the Ji clan on him. He quickly turned these things up from his pant legs, collar, and various other nooks and crannies. While his legs still felt weak, he breathed a big sigh of relief. He could more or less walk. Hu Bugui felt the weight he was holding suddenly decrease by more than half. His fingertips seemed to touch Su Qing's ribs. He frowned. After a long moment, he said, "...Don't stress yourself out so much. You should look after your health."

Su Qing curved his eyes in a smile. "Captain Hu, it's because I treasure my life and fear death."

The two of them didn't know where they had ended up. There had been no hints from the ST Training Course, and there was absolutely no word from the others. Beneath their feet was spongy earth and fallen leaves. It didn't take too much effort for Hu Bugui to support Su Qing, but so that he could gradually get accustomed, he walked very slowly. Beside them was the whispering sound of wind blowing through the thick forest, occasionally bringing a faint fragrance of flowers from some unknown place. The atmosphere was extremely tranquil and relaxed.

Hu Bugui turned his head and saw Su Qing's profile within reach. He dully said, "Forgive me for my poor eyesight, but I hadn't noticed that."

Having passed through a period of understanding, in Hu Bugui's mind, this Su character was simply a death-seeker.