Chapter 20 - Dead End

Because they were concerned about alerting the enemy and didn't dare to put the grey seals and hostages at risk, the RZ Unit they could only put themselves at risk.

For the tech nerds, any risks that could be avoided would be avoided, technological solutions would be used as far as possible, and it was best if there was no blood and no sacrifice. But for the field personnel, efficiency was king; going in guns blazing was king.

So Xu Ruchong became hopping mad, indicating that he could win this technological war. Sadly, Hu Bugui acted like he didn't exist at all. He autocratically held a brief meeting and promptly settled on a new course of action.

Xu Ruchong protested: "There will definitely be emergency shielding methods around the blue seals' base. As soon as you get close, you'll be discovered..."

Hu Bugui was silent for a moment. "Go find me a uniform and bicycle for the China Post."

Xu Ruchong: "..."

Fang Xiu efficiently found the items, and Hu Bugui changed rapidly. He put on a cap and turned into the gloomiest, most imposing deliveryman in the Chinese postal system—he looked more like he was going to deliver a bomb than the mail.

Liao Chenyuan was silent for a moment, then at last couldn't resist speaking: "Captain Hu, I think this is a little risky."

Xu Ruchong saw his opening. "Exactly. This definitely won't get you anywhere. If you do get into the blue seals' base, then those armed and dangerous...those...what are those people called?"

"Utopia," Lu Qingbai put in.

"Right, those people. Each one has a gun, and they'll shoot you full of holes like a sieve!"

Hu Bugui looked at Xu Ruchong and didn't speak, continuing to act like he didn't exist. As though there was no such person present, he turned and ordered: "Let me off a kilometer away from the potential areas and take care not to attract suspicion. Qin Luo and Fang Xiu, cooperate with the special police unit. Stay in contact. Chenyuan, conceal yourself and provide long-range cover."

Qin Luo hesitated a little. "Captain..."

Hu Bugui looked at her. "Do you have any objections?"

Qin Luo was silent for a moment, then clicked her heels together. "Yes, sir."

Hu Bugui accepted a pair of plain glass spectacles from Lu Qingbai and covered up his eyes. It was as if he had also covered up all his spleen. His presence seemed a little more kindly and less oppressive; he actually did look a little convincing.

There was a switch on the glasses. By pressing it, Hu Bugui could flip between three channels on the left lens. One was connected to the other field personnel going with the special police unit, one was connected to headquarters, and the last was connected to Su Qing.

He changed the channel over to Su Qing, then turned to Lu Qingbai and said, "I'll keep an eye on him, but there will be times I won't be able to attend. You look after him a little from headquarters."

Xu Ruchong saw that no one was paying attention to him. In pursuit of a sense of presence, he began to make noise: "Captain Hu, you can't insist on having it your way. You'll definitely be caught, and after you're caught..."

Hu Bugui glanced at him and dully said, "I'm not making you go."

Xu Ruchong was struck dumb for a moment, then realized the meaning behind these words and felt deeply looked down upon. He withdrew into a corner in heartbroken silence.

Hu Bugui briskly said, "Plan 2, move out."

At his order, the RZ Unit moved with extreme efficiency. Fang Xiu put a gun on his back and glanced at Xu Ruchong. He patted him on the head and consoled: "It's all right, you're a technician, just do your technical work."