Chapter 51-The Mysterious Bracelet (2)

If you asked Su Qing to describe it, then the feeling he had was numbness all over. It wasn't that he couldn't move. It was like the feeling of numbness in your legs after spending too long squatting over a toilet and then suddenly standing up. When this feeling spread to your whole body, it was very irksome, making a person not know whether to laugh or cry.

Fang Xiu and Qin Luo got into the car together and showed the mysterious bracelet to Dr. Lu and Master Xu. Xu Ruchong and Lu Qingbai deliberated in whispers for a long time. Then Lu Qingbai said, "Xiao Su, how are you feeling now?"

Su Qing, grimacing, said, "Numb, but a little better than before."

Hu Bugui was a little anxious. "What happened to him?"

Lu Qingbai considered for a long time, then said, "Based on our preliminary conjectures, perhaps he was short-circuited."

Su Qing's features instantly twisted. Hu Bugui at once anxiously asked, "How do you feel?"

"No..." Su Qing struggled to look at Lu Qingbai on the little screen and forced out a fake smile. "It's just that I heard what Dr. Lu said and felt like I got kicked in the teeth by a donkey."

Lu Qingbai felt that he was being insulted, but he opened his mouth, didn't know how to respond, then deflated, feeling a little gloomy.

After a very long time, Su Qing slowly recovered. He drank two bottles of water in one gulp. The four of them turned the site upside down and in the end didn't find anything of value. Fang Xiu judged that the body must simply have been dumped here.

Su Qing squatted on the ground, propping up his chin, holding an evidence bag in his hand. In the bag was the mysterious bracelet. Though Hu Bugui was strongly opposed, Su Qing still insisted on making another experiment of himself. He found that the thing had broken completely. There was no reaction this time. He asked, "Getting back to the main subject, why would a corpse be sending out such high frequency emotional waves? Rising from the dead?"

When he had just spoken, his expression suddenly turned serious. He tilted his head, frowned, stuck up his index finger and shushed. "Wait, don't talk. Listen, guys."

A breeze rustled the abundant weeds that were past their prime and beginning to yellow, raising a chilly layer of gooseflesh of people's skin, making a sound like a sob when it passed through cracks in the rocks. Su Qing's expression was very grave, making the scene appear increasingly haunted. Fang Xiu hopped up, anxiously watching Su Qing. Qin Luo also couldn't resist taking a step back, away from the body.

Hu Bugui asked, "What is it? What do you hear?"

Then Su Qing raised his head and showed his small white teeth in a grin. "Half-time break. I was joking."

Fang Xiu missed a breath and nearly got a stitch in his side. Qin Luo's face turned red. Hu Bugui looked at him in some exasperation. He wanted to say something, but seeing him in a good mood, he couldn't bear to. After hemming and hawing for an age, he reached out to give him a smack on the head. "Stop that."

Afterwards, Hu Bugui couldn't resist thinking—he knew that there was a type of mental illness in which people were addicted to stealing things. Maybe they weren't missing anything; they just couldn't resist wanting to steal. He thought that Su Qing's situation was about the same as that. He must have suffered too much over the last few years and developed this glib-tongued habit. He needed to fool people now and then to be able to let off the enormous psychological stress.

So Captain Hu felt conscience-stricken. General Xiong had warned him that he had to make Su Qing feel relaxed and safe when interacting with him. He couldn't put too much pressure on him. Hu Bugui thought that that mild "stop that" of his just now had been a little excessively strict, so he immediately started thinking of a way to make up for it.