Chapter 43- Trap

Two hours after Su Qing drove into the RZ Unit headquarters, successfully infiltrating it, the knocked out and stripped driver at last, after suffering untold hardships, contacted headquarters.

The responder at once realized that something was wrong and put in a call straight to Hu Bugui's office, alerting everyone in headquarters.

Perhaps Su Qing wasn't the first to infiltrate, but he had definitely infiltrated using the most aggressive method.

Wasn't it awful? If there was one, there could be two. Like this, wouldn't the RZ Unit headquarters turn into a vegetable market where people could come and go as they liked?

But after Hu Bugui heard the report, he was silent for a moment. Then he told Qin Luo to take people to protect Cheng Weizhi, while he and Fang Xiu took people to split up and begin a thorough search.

The outcome was...they came up empty-handed.

A grown man had squeezed into the RZ Unit headquarters and seemed to have turned into a puff of smoke, suddenly vanishing off the face of the earth. Even the tech department was alerted. Xu Ruchong brought out all the weapons in his arsenal one by one, but the intruder simply couldn't be found.

Hu Bugui finally instructed Xu Ruchong to place energy detectors in every nook and cranny. Xu Ruchong's eyes lit up. "Captain Hu, you mean that this unknown individual may be a blue seal?"

Before Hu Bugui could respond, Xu Ruchong went on by himself: "If it's a blue seal, then I have a way. The newest DM net is specially targeted towards blue seals. You've tested it out in the field, haven't you? It's reliable. It's no threat to ordinary people, aimed directly at the blue seal energy system. It's low-visibility, and supports wide-scale application. If he bumps into it, even if he doesn't die, he'll still end up half-crippled..."

Before Xu Ruchong could finish, he received one of their captain's death glares. The tech nerd comrade, threatened for absolutely no reason, pushed up the big glasses on his nose and blinked innocently. He heard Hu Bugui deliver the efficient word "bullshit." Then he walked off without so much as looking at him.

Xue Xiaolu took a glance with her eyes that saw romance everywhere and made a guess. So she patted Xu Ruchong on the shoulder. "Master, Captain Hu knows what's going on. It must be one of our people. Don't worry."

Xu Ruchong looked at her cluelessly. "One of our people... Why would one of our people break in..."

Sadly, at this time, Xue Xiaolu's innocent girl's heart was full to the brim with melodramatic obfuscations like "love-hate relationship," "I love you in my heart but I can't speak of it," "I only want to see you from afar but don't want you to see me." She absolutely didn't hear Xu Ruchong's question. She floated off as though in a dream.

The outcome of Hu Bugui rejecting forceful technological methods was that two weeks later, they still hadn't found the mysterious individual who had infiltrated the RZ Unit headquarters without leaving a trace. They could only strengthen the guard on Cheng Weizhi and his son by two people.

But for some reason, the RZ Unit's members felt that their captain gave off a thoroughly unperturbed atmosphere, as though he wasn't worried at all.

And after two weeks, General Xiong came.

Who was General Xiong? He was a rarely seen man, and also the RZ Unit's direct superior. Each time he came to direct their work, he would to varying degrees arouse the desire of the mighty RZ Unit's elites to make trouble.

He seemed like just an ordinary little old man. He wasn't handsome enough to shake heaven and earth or make ghosts and gods cry, and he didn't have a domineering air—he was around fifty, wore an army uniform, had upright shoulders, and was of average height. Half his hair was white, and he had a round face. As soon as he walked through the door, he took off a big pair of sunglasses, rather amiably gave his regards to the row of guards standing at attention to salute him, then hurriedly removed upstairs to the conference room with Hu Bugui and Fang Xiu, who had come out to receive him.