EXTRA 2

As soon as the door opened, Tu Tutu threw himself into Su Qing's arms. Though he was already over ten years old, Su Qing still tossed him up without any effort. "Have you been making trouble for Grandpa?"

"How could that be?" Tu Tutu said brazenly. "Our Imperial Presence understands basic principles."

He got his butt slapped.

Su Chengde found to his surprise that Su Qing had brought someone along. When Hu Bugui had come in carrying bags of all sizes and greeted him politely, he at last nodded a little disappointedly. Looking at Su Qing playing around with Tu Tutu without any care for his image, he thought, When will this little whelp bring home a girl?

How the fuck was it that he scared up a guy every time?

Su Qing took one glance and knew what his dad was hung up over. He gave a dry cough and put an arm around Hu Bugui's shoulder in a companionable way and made introductions: "This old man is my dad. Dad, this is our chief."

Hu Bugui said, "Hello, uncle. My name is Hu Bugui."

"Oh!" His boss? A boss was all right. Su Chengde put on a smile. "Oh, Captain Hu, I've heard of you. Don't stand on ceremony, sit down, sit down."

Hu Bugui sat bolt upright. Su Qing cheekily said, "It's snowing so much outside, and I didn't have my car, so I had Captain Hu drive me. Headquarters is too far, so I told him to come over and stay the night."

Su Chengde hastily expressed warm welcome.

Tu Tutu took part in the fun: "Grandpa, Chief Hu is a big hero."

Captain Hu, immovable as a mountain, actually blushed.

"That's right, that's right," Su Qing said. "Dad, we can sleep with the door open tonight. He can ward off evil spirits."

"Get out! Can you speak like a normal person? If you can't, then shut up!" Su Chengde's expression was absolutely foul while scolding his son. When he turned to Hu Bugui afterwards, the yaksha's face immediately turned into a face smiling like a chrysanthemum. "Don't be shy, Captain Hu, treat this like your own house. I expect my whelp has been giving you quite a bit of trouble out there?"

"Su Qing is pretty good," Hu Bugui said. Then he glanced at Su Qing and added, "Though sometimes he doesn't quite observe discipline."

"What? Doesn't observe discipline?!" Su Chengde furiously slapped the back of Su Qing's head and scolded him: "How can you be a soldier and not observe discipline? Obeying orders is your duty. Do you understand what duty is?"

Su Qing pursed his lips, indicating that he wouldn't speak.

So Su Chengde sat face to face with Hu Bugui. Su Qing occupied a corner of the couch and played on his phone with his head down. Tu Tutu looked from one to the next and felt that General Hu and Grandpa Su were successfully playing out a "naughty student's teacher comes to pay a home visit to lodge a complaint" plot. This was his first time seeing the tyrannical prince regent so sullen. He was so delighted he was about to forget his own name.

Then, at last, his wishes were fulfilled as he heard the most classic of lines. Su Chengde very boldly said to Hu Bugui, "This son of mine, I was busy when he was little and didn't have time to discipline him properly on my own, and the housekeeper spoiled him. He's grown up entirely unpresentable now. If he doesn't behave, you just go ahead and teach him a lesson. Give him a couple of slaps or kicks, it's no problem."

Hu Bugui looked at Su Qing with a slightly peculiar expression. Su Qing seemed to know what he was thinking. He looked up from busily playing Fruit Ninja and pulled a funny face. Hu Bugui laughed softly.