Chapter 53-Life-and-Death Speed

Grim-faced, Hu Bugui slammed the gas pedal down to the floor. He hadn't said it over the comms, but he was actually two blocks away from Su Qing and Qin Luo.

Letting these two go out, Captain Hu absolutely couldn't feel easy—Qin Luo didn't know how to talk; you could send her to direct a battle or go into combat herself, but you couldn't send her to collect information. Su Qing, on the other hand, was really too good at talking; from a few direct and indirect confrontations, Hu Bugui had a deep awareness of this fellow's unrestrained style. No one knew what he was going to get up to.

But there was nothing for it. Even if he was worried, he couldn't let it show on his face. There had to come a day when Su Qing assumed responsibility for a task within the RZ Unit. He could only quietly follow so he could come quickly in case of incident. And indeed, there was an incident.

Qin Luo knew that the only way she could catch up to Su Qing would be with her bullets, but it wasn't like she could shoot at her own teammate. When she was at wit's end, a car horn came from the end of the little alley. Qin Luo saw Hu Bugui, and it was as though she was seeing a dear friend. She quickly ran over.

Hu Bugui asked, "What happened?"

"When we came out of Dong Jianguo's house, I realized we were being watched. I shot three times and believe I hit the target, but for some reason, the person still ran off..."

"Where's Su Qing?"

Qin Luo pointed.

"Get in," Hu Bugui said briefly. Qin Luo quickly jumped in. Before she had closed the door, Hu Bugui turned on a little screen on the steering wheel with a smack. A map of the whole residential neighborhood immediately appeared in front of them. Driving a car, Hu Bugui couldn't squeeze in anywhere like Su Qing. He took a glance, determined a route, and fiercely slammed on the gas pedal, charging out, black rage bubbling from his head. Qin Luo sat in the back, not even daring to breathe loudly.

Hu Bugui drove quick as lightning. There was a brown lens clamped to his nose bridge with all kinds of data quickly pulsing over it according to the map, the nearby energy readings, and the direction of the vehicle. Looking closely, the pulsing numbers seemed to float over Hu Bugui's eye, giving his already dark eye a certain deep coldness.—He didn't have any new energy crystal system. He couldn't gain extra energy from eating lots of candy and nutritional capsules like Su Qing, and he couldn't build his blessings on others' sufferings like the blue seals, becoming strong as the result of plunder—he came by his reaction speed and iron-like nature through at least a decade of genuine tempering under enemy fire.

Fierce, prudent, steady—he would stand his ground if Mount Tai collapsed in front of him.

Su Qing smelled a strong scent of blood and knew that Qin Luo's feel for a gun was truly good. She had definitely hit her target. He only needed to follow this smell.

He knew this person wasn't a blue seal. The gun in Qin Luo's pant leg was only an ordinary handgun. Even Su Qing himself, if he concentrated, could have dodged it, let alone the blue seals, who despite their imperfect systems had much stronger explosive force and constitutions than he did with his double core grey seal. They wouldn't have been hit so easily.

So, if this was an ordinary person, how could they still move so quickly after getting shot?

Su Qing thought that this person had to be using some sort of external technological means. He suddenly turned down another alley, raising his speed to the utmost, looking like an afterimage flashing by.

He wasn't like Qin Luo. Su Qing had spent quite some time in anthills like this, and he was accustomed to getting a firm grasp on his surroundings. The two of them had walked the same path, and while Qin Luo had been dizzy and turned around, he had a map in his mind that was no less detailed than Hu Bugui's.