Chapter - 7

Swara was blankly looking at the lady in front of her.

Lady has bright smile on her wrinkled face, her eyes were mirroring her inner happiness. She raised her hand to call Swara.

Swara gave brief glance at Sanskar in confusion who rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Come here my child" Swara turned her gaze towards old lady who was beaming with happiness.

Hearing her heartwarming voice, Swara took a step towards her unknowingly. Her hands stretched to hold shivering hands of old lady who made her sit beside her.

"You are more pretty than the photos" saying this she caressed her hairs, "Isn't it Sanskar?"

Swara was baffled with the most unexpected situation of her life.

"Hmm. Granny" Sanskar hummed with tight smile.

"What hmm? Say she is pretty... in fact she is the prettiest." Lakshmi Maheshwari stressed not moving her gaze from her granddaughter in law.

"She is my Granny" Sanskar introduced not meeting his eyes with Swara's confused one's.

"He did not tell you about me?" Granny shifted her gaze between two.

"Finally, you are talking to me now. And yes, I have told her already" Swara looked at his convenient lie with wide open eyes.

"So what should I do if you were not bringing her here to meet me? Always busy with business" Granny rolled her eyes scrunching her nose. "Right Swara? Does he give any time to you or not? If not, then tell me."

Swara kept on looking at her with open mouth.

"Say something my child" Granny once again asked.

"Nice... Nice to meet you Mam" Swara stammered fidgeting with her fingers.

"Mam?... I am your husband's grandmother. Call me Granny" Swara snapped at Sanskar who conveniently ignored her hard glare.

'How can he disclose about our contract marriage to anyone?'

Granny picked the cordless phone from side table, "Julia, bring puja thal from house temple."

"Granny what are you doing?" Sanskar asked with narrowed eyes.

"My granddauther in law came to her home for the first time. I have to do her arati."

Swara was silent spectator, her mind was still blank about the exchanges shared between these two.

"Arati? What's that?"

"Sanskar you are Canadian but I and my granddaughter in law are Indians" Granny stressed with tight lip side smile.

"You have Canadian passport, so you are Canadian" he was stubborn in his own ways.

"But I am Indian at heart" Granny was also his grandmother when it came to stubbornness. "And now, I got one more person in my team." She grinned widely with triumph.

"May I come Mrs. Maheshwari" Julia's voice broke their moment.

Granny took puja thal from her and was checking all puja items from the plate.

"Sanskar sit beside Swara" Granny instructed.

'No Granny please no. Not beside this Rakshas'

"Granny?" Sanskar interrupted.

"I don't want to listen anything else I won't be talking to you" she had her own ways to bring him on his knees.