Chapter - 19

Sanskar moved back passing lip side smile to Swara.

Swara's heart fluttered when she saw his lips adorned with innocent smile.

No doubt he was the most handsome man she has ever seen till today. But more than his charm she was lost in his dark brown eyes. Those were the eyes of an innocent newborn baby.

Their trance was broken with the melody played in the background by Julia on her phone.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind, it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved
The crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you
Oh, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weight
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you
It's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

They both swayed on the music forgetting the world around them.

Granny's eyes turned moist looking at the bond which was flourishing between them. She prayed for their togetherness in her mind to her Kanhaji.

Clapping sound of Granny & Julia broke their reverie and brought them back to reality.

'Shit what the hell I was doing?' Sanskar ruffled his hairs breaking their moment. 'This is not done.'

'What was that? I had lost my own self. How can I?' Swara shifted hair strand behind her ear, trying to calm her racing heartbeat.

"That was really made for each other performance. Love you both." Granny gave flying kiss with her both hands.

"Granny it's been too late. Let's go inside. You need to have your dinner and then medicines" Sanskar was back to his rigidity.

"I know... I know... I know. But we will do dinner together and then I have one more surprise for Swara"

Post dinner, as Granny had asked earlier, Swara and Sanskar entered in her room.

Granny asked Sanskar to take out one box from her walk-in closet.

"This is for you Swara. Your gift." Granny handed over on box.

"Granny you already did a lot for me. What is the need for this?"

"These are our Khandani Kangan's Swara. My mother passed them to me. I want you to carry forward this legacy" Granny opened the box which had heavy, diamond studded, ancient Rajsthani Kada's.

"No, Granny how can I take these? These are yours." Swara shook her head in denial. She immediately felt heavy in her heart with unknown burden.

"And you are mine." Granny caressed her hairs.