Chapter - 12

"Hey Swara, where were you?" Nikhil called her early Friday's morning.

"Hi Nikhil, I am getting ready for office" Today was Swara's turn to make morning tea for her roommates.

"Swara what happened with your residency? Yaar it's been more three months you are there" he was back to his stance.

"I checked yesterday, for my residency it is in final stage... may be 1 – 2 months more" she replied rubbing her forehead.

"Ok then once yours is done come back to India we will get marry and then we can apply mine as well, right?"

"How can we apply yours? Yours will take time. You know what agent had informed us. He had clearly said I cannot sponsor you as my spouse, till the time I am in this contract, which has still 8 months to go."

"Yes, but nobody knows about it so I think it should be fine."

"Have you lost your brain anywhere? As per those papers I am already married to someone else. So how can I sponsor you?" Swara whisper yelled.

"Swara listen" Nikhil was cut by Swara.

"Nikhil can we please talk about something else."

"Come on Swara. This is the most important in our life right now. How can you be so distant about it? You know it is needed for us to have bright future..."

"Nikhil please don't start your daily soap. I am tired of listening this every day. Even if you ask this to me again and again, it is not going to make any changes. So, if you want to talk something else then we will else I am cutting this call."

"Swara don't you dare to talk to me like this" Nikhil argued from other side.

"Bye Nikhil. I am getting late" She disconnected their call.

As usual in the evening, Sanskar picked Swara from their decided location and left for Granny's home for their weekend.

"So Swara, do you know how to cook Moong Daal Ka Halwa?" Granny whispered.

"Yes Granny, but I am not going to cook it since you are not allowed to eat it" Swara was peeling oranges as part of Granny's evening snack. She pressed to suppress her chuckle.

"Who told you that I am not allowed?" Granny passed stern glare towards Sanskar who was working on his Mac sitting on couch.

Sanskar gave lip side smile feeling her heated gaze.

"Hmm Si... I mean... he... he ... told ... me..." Swara bit her tongue.

'She will start her question bank if I call him Sir. And this monster will kill me if I take his name. Hey Kanhaji where did you stuck me?'

"Who is this 'he'?" Granny stressed still not moving her eyes from her grandson.

"You... your... your grandson"

Sanskar passed quick glance at them before focusing back on his Mac screen.

"Oh! you don't call him by his name? or are you feeling shy in front of me" Granny turned her attention toward Swara with teasing smile and wiggling eyes.

'Shy... oh come on Granny. I don't want to spoil the taste of my mouth. I don't know why you put his name as Sanskar. He does not even know the meaning of his name forget about behaving as per his name.'

Swara lowered her gaze.

"Sanskar she does not call you by your name? What does she call you when you both are alone?" Granny was on full on teasing mood.