Chapter - 15

Morning sunrays disturbed Swara's sleep. She opened her eyes.

Last night, it was Granny who had forced her to go back to their room.

Unknowingly her eyes moved towards bed which was empty. She remembered her encounter with Sanskar in kitchen last night.

His voice rang in her ears.

'Thank You' just two words brought small smile on her lips. Her gaze went towards the pic above bed. She stared at his small smile, yet it was not reaching to his eyes. They were still empty and cold.

'He is mysterious... a big jigsaw puzzle! One has to find all pieces and interlock them to get complete picture.' She rolled her eyes while getting up from couch.

She went to dressing room to take out her cloths from bag for freshening up. While taking out her necessities, she realised, today her room was warm enough. It was not icy cold as usual. She was not shivering feeling chillness in her body.

'Did he increase the temperature of this room? Not bad... Olaf would have been melted in this warm room' her thought made her chuckle. She found one more nickname for her contractual husband.

She came out from washroom wiping her hairs when Sanskar entered in the room while typing something on his phone.

Generally, he avoided to come back to their room knowing Swara would be there but today he needed Granny's medical reports which was there in his dressing room.

He entered inside dressing room but halted in his tracks looking at Swara who was wiping her hairs with towel looking at mirror. Melodious humming's earned his attention.

She was wearing simple turquoise coloured kurta with white leggings. Without any make up or any jewellery she was looking as the most pious lady.

Till today, he had seen numerous of girls in his life who were ready to throw themselves on him. They were ready to make every effort to be close with him at his first signal.

But this girl was staying with him under one roof as his on-paper wife was not even bother about his wealth, his status, his charm. She was maintaining her distance with him all the time.

'She is different' thought used to cross his mind with the realisation.

Swara felt someone's presence, she turned to see Sanskar standing at doorstep.

'Beep' sound from his phone broke their eye lock. He moved inside to open the cupboard get the file.

Swara continued her work but frequently looking at his moves. He was least bother about her gaze. He took what he needed and left without saying a single word as if she was not there.

After her daily routine of puja, she was entering in Granny's room when she heard Sanskar convincing Granny to shift her in his penthouse and as usual Granny was declining it.

"Granny why don't you listen to me for once in your life-time?"

"No, I am not going anywhere. This is final."

"Ok if you are not moving to my home then I am shifting here. This is also final." He declared shrugging his shoulders.

"Let's see how much this is final" Granny rolled her eyes.

Swara entered with her morning breakfast supressing her chuckle looking at grandmother and grandson's banter.

"Granny your breakfast" Swara kept tray on table.

Granny turned her face to other side.

Sanskar closed his eyes in frustration.

"Granny this is your favourite" Swara shifted her gaze between plate and Granny being confused.