Chapter - 21

It was late night, when Swara came out of Mumbai Airport Arrival gate after completing immigration procedure. She looked for her brother who was waiting for her outside.

She ran to him.

"How is Papa Rohan?" She crossed her fingers. The question which haunted her from last 15 hours of journey.

"Di, thank god you came" Rohan hugged his sister. "Papa is not fine. He is still in ICCU."

"He will be fine. Don't worry. Now I am here right. I will make everything right." She consoled but her heart had already grappled with fear.

"How is Ma?"

"She is lost, shattered. Right now, she is in hospital."

Both brother and sister took their time to console each other.

"Let's go home Di." Rohan started dragging her pull over.

"No, first let's go to hospital. I want to see Papa."

"Di, it's been long journey for you. You must be tired."

"No no Rohan, let's go to hospital first."

Rohan and Swara came to hospital. She ran towards her mother who was sitting on bench outside of ICCU.

"Ma" she encircled her arms around her.

Both mother and daughter cried their hearts out.

Later she took her brother aside giving excuses to her mother.

"Rohan, what happened to Papa suddenly? His reports were all normal then how can? You did not speak anything on the call as well."

"Di, let Papa get fit and fine then I will let you know."

"Rohan, I need to know NOW."

"That day we were invited to Jiju's home for dinner to discuss about marriage preparations. As you wanted to wait for marriage date, Papa and Ma tried to convince them. It created some scene over there. They were pressurising Ma and Papa to force you for marriage date... and their leader was Nikhil Jiju. Even his aunt who lives in Canada added fuel."

"Radhika Aunty?"

"Yes, they are on their visit to India."

"When we were returning, we heard some gossips about you. He could not take that pressure. And at night this thing happened." Rohan started crying remembering incidence.

"I tried to call Nikhil Jiju but he did not pick it up. So, I somehow brought Papa to hospital by calling ambulance at our home."

"You have become so responsible and big. I am proud of you Rohan."

'You are my life's biggest mistake Nikhil.' She embraced her brother.

It was early morning, when Reva started forcing Swara to go to their home to take some rest.

"Shona, last night you directly came here. You need rest. Go home for some time."

"No Ma. I am fine. Let me talk to doctor first."

"Rohan did you inform Nikhil about Anurag?" Reva asked, it has been more than 24 hours her husband was admitted in hospital but her future son-in-law was nowhere to be seen.

"He is coming Ma. Yesterday, night I talked to Jiju." Rohan gave quick glance at Swara. Her sister was agitated over her fiancée.

Soon nurse informed them about doctor's arrival and they three went to meet him.

"We need to do open heart surgery. We need to revamp the heart volve...." Doctors explained them current condition of Anurag.

"But Papa will be fine?" Swara asked.