Chapter - 10

"Swara, my child where is Sanskar?"

"I don't know Granny." Swara fumbled.

"Granny, I am here." Sanskar entered her room with Mac in his hands.

He settled down and started working where as Swara and Granny got engross back in their gossips.

"Swara how did you and he met? I asked him n number of times, but he only tells me that you were working with Indian company with which he came to India for deal signature."

Swara just nodded her head passing tight smile still throwing daggers at Sanskar occasionally who was proficiently ignoring her.

"Who propose first? You or him?" Granny question caught them again in dilemma.

'Me? Come on Granny. Proposal to your grandson. I don't have death wish.' Swara rolled her eyes.

"There was no proposal" Sanskar responded this time not moving his gaze from Mac.

'This is the only one thing where I agree with you Sir. It was compromise.' Swara eyes turned glassy thinking about her helplessness.

"But then how you two got married?" Granny was looking at Swara with wide eyes.

"In court" Sanskar replied as always cutting Swara.

"That means you both did not take any Sath Phere? Or Sindoor rasam."

"Granny you know I don't believe in those time-consuming rituals. And now since it is already done can we get over this topic please? I am hungry" Sanskar diverted their way of discussion.

It was for the first time Swara mentally thanked him for saving her from Granny's not stop questionings.

It was time for dinner and her grandson was busy with his back-to-back meetings in downstairs study.

"Can you please go and check? He must be in study"

"Me?"

"Yes, go and bring him here. It's time for dinner."

Swara stared at Julia who was filling their plates with anticipation. 'Should I ask Julia Aunty to call that Hitler?'

"You are his wife. He had to listen to you." Granny passed bright smile.

"Yes Granny" Swara reluctantly shook her head passing tight fake smile.

She came downstairs and moved towards study room door taking small steps. Today, morning Julia gave her complete home tour as ordered by Granny.

She took a deep breath to settle her mind. She knocked on the door with shaky hands. 'He is surely going to burst out on me. Kanhaji please please save me.'

Nobody replied from inside, so she knocked harder next time. "Sir, may I come in?"

Still there was no response from inside. She slightly pushed the door to enter and the sight in front of her froze her on her spot.

Sanskar was sleeping resting his head on the headrest. His hands were still on Mac Keypad. It looked like he slept while working.

'Hey, Kanhaji, what should I do? This Devil would kill me if I woke him up.'

"Sir" she called out.

"Sir, Granny is waiting for you."

She took a step towards his chair.

"Sir, Granny is waiting for you for dinner." Louder this time.

"Sir, dinner is ready" she shook his shoulder.