Chapter - 22

"Almost done Papa. This is a last sip" Swara was feeding Anurag tomato soup which was brought by Rohan.

It was one week for Anurag's operation and Doctors have shifted him to private ward.

"Shona why did you ask for private ward? General ward would have cost us less."

"Papa why are you thinking so much. Don't worry. I told you right this is covered under family insurance benefits where I am working." Again, lame excuse from Swara.

"Are you sure Shona we don't have to pay anything?"

"Trust me Papa. We don't have to." She had already decided to talk about repayment with Sanskar once she goes back to Toronto.

His simple thought brough small smile on her face.

"Just two more days Papa and then you will be discharged."

"I am so proud of you Shona. You handled everything single handed. When did you grow up this big?"

"I am still your small Shona."

"When are you going back? I mean how many days you have taken leave?"

"I have taken one week as leave and then next two weeks I will be working from home. My manager accepted my request so I can work from India as per Canadian timings."

"How are you Anurag Bhaisa?" Sumitra and her family entered inside private ward.

"Arre Bhabhji, please come. Have a seat" Anurag welcomed them.

"So Swara, you really proved as a son for your family. I mean you did everything alone without taking anyone's help. This is really commendable" Sumitra praised after general talks.

Her eyes left wide open when she observed Anurag was shifted to private ward of this ultra-modern hospital.

"By the way how much you had to pay in total?" Radhika asked inquisitively.

"I did not pay but my company paid as my family is covered under employee's family insurance." Swara intervened smartly dodging their question.

She was least interested to talk with these people but right now she did not want to create any drama.

"You work for Karma Business House, right?" Radhika's husband, Ramesh asked.

"Yes Uncle."

"Maheshwari's. This is a big name in North America."

"What is their owner's name? It's something San..."

"Sanskar Maheshwari" it was for the first time Swara took her husband's name and she felt goosebumps in her stomach. She bit her lower lips, but her cheeks were enriched with blush.

"My friend used to work in that company. That Sanskar is very rude, selfish and arrogant man I have heard."

"No, he is a man of ethics, morality and kindness." She remembered all her encounters with Sanskar.

'He is the most perfect man I have ever met in my life.'

Nikhil observed her small smile and shining eyes which created some confusion, but he shrugged.

"By the way Swara, it's been almost 6-7 months you are in Canada but did not visit our home even for single time." Radhika started her backbiting masking her face with smile.

"I think Aunty I visited you on first weekend when I came to Canada. Don't you remember I got your requested list from India from apparels to food to sweets. My one bag was filled with your list only." Swara replied in same tone shutting her mouth.