【6】

"Your sister.." Shane murmurs, using a handkerchief to clean his bloody knuckles.

"Angela," I nod, pulling my knees closer to my chest.

Shane sat on the steps of the RV as I sat behind him, leaned against the back of the couch. The sun was beginning to set and the group that went to Atlanta had yet to return.

"Her boyfriend.. She leave him? Break up?" Shane questions.

"They had big fight.. He hurt her and she went to doctor. She called the gyeong-gwan when at home. Il-Seop tried to get her, but the gyeong-gwan got him," I explain choppily.

"She was okay after that?"

"Mmm.. She didn't have a namja-chingu for long time. Stayed at work. But, she's stronger. No more namja hurt her again."

Shane nods, picking through and coming to understand my words. After a few seconds, he scoots to the far side of the steps, patting empty spot beside him. I shuffle over, looking up at him curiously.

"Geeks.. They are both men and women. And the geeks will hurt anyone.. Every one," Shane explains, getting his gun from his side.

"Geeks and people.. Sometimes same monster," I frown, recalling Glenn and I's conversation about Merle.

Really, people like Ed and Il-Seop were worse. They didn't learnt their habits and it wasn't human nature to do what they did to people like Carol and Angela. They just had too much evil in their souls.

"They are," Shane agrees, taking the bullets out of his gun.

He turns to face me, sliding the handgun in my hands. My eyes widen, the feeling of holding a weapon for a first time unlike anything I'd ever felt before.

"This.. Bullets.. Bullets go in here to the magazine," he instructs, holding up the bullets and other piece he held.

"Bullets.. Magazine," I repeat, earning a nod from Shane.

"Then the magazine goes here," he points to the bottom of the gun where it was hollow.

He set the piece in his lap, now using both to point to pieces of the gun or direct my own fingers to certain areas.

"This," he points, "Trigger."

"Trigger.." I repeat.

"This," he points again, "Hammer."

"Hammer.."

"Pull the hammer down and then pull the trigger like this," he sets his hand over mine, both of our fingers pulling the trigger, though nothing happened, "And it shoots when the bullets are in."

He holds up a singular bullet, setting it at the end of the gun and moving it across like the bullet was fired from the gun. Seeing that I'm following, he continues.

"This," he moves to another area, "Safety."

"Safety.."

"This doesn't shoot," he flicks the tab, then again, "This will."

His right arm goes over my shoulder, grabbing my hands with either of his and holding the gun up like we were aiming.

"Hold it up," he directs, "Aim."

"Aim at geeks?" I clarify.

"Yeah, that's right," Shane nods.

"On trigger," he continues and I move my finger there, "Then shoot."

I pull the trigger and, again, nothing happens.

"Only shoot when the aim is good," Shane bosses.