【112】

"Redirect unit, go on patrol- we need Tara, Daniel, and Ben to have a safe exit," Natania announces.

"And me," Cyndie adds, stepping up.

"What do you mean?" Natania asks, "You aren't on redirect."

"No, I mean me as in I'm going with them," Cyndie points to in Tara's direction.

Natania tilts her head, "No you aren't."

"Grandma, think about it. Their people would feel much more secure if they knew one of us. Who better to send than the leader's bloodline?" Cyndie persuades.

"Absolutely not. But, I must admit that you have good plan there," Natania sighs, "You've had a lot of those recently."

"So, let me go through with my own plan," Cyndie begs.

"We'll take care of her," Tara assures, "She'll be safe with us."

Natania looks in my direction and I give a shrug, "She has a point. And she will be safe the entire time. My sister in law will make sure of it."

Natania looks back to Cyndie before sighing and looking to Kathy, "You go as well. The five of you go together."

"Yes! Thank you grandma!" Cyndie cheers, wrapping Natania in a hug.

"Thank you, grandma," Daniel repeats under his breath.

I reach over, flicking his ear and he draws back with a frown, covering his ear, "Hey!"

"You're getting back to Maggie and telling the others about the plan," I remind.

"Jae can do his thing and you and Taeyang-"

"You're going to Maggie and telling the others about the plan and keeping Cyndie safe so Natania doesn't kill you," I rehprase.

"I will never take my eyes off of her," Daniel promises, "For her safety, of course."

"He's hopeless," I tell Taeyang.

"Yeah, I've known that for awhile," Taeyang agrees.

"All right, guess we're all set to head out," Tara says, strapping her bag to her back.

She steps forward, enclosing me in a one armed hug, "We'll let Maggie know everything."

"Thank you," I tell her as we separate, "For everything."

I hug Ben next, though he looked pretty happy to go back. I wasn't sure what for- Jessie, Rosita, Carson, or just being back at Hilltop. Maybe a combination of all.

"We'll see you in a little while," Daniel assures as we hug.

A pang of grief flows through my chest and I hug him a little tighter.

"Don't say that," I mutter, "Just stay safe and get there."

As we separate, he gives a sad look before reaching up to pat my head, "You do the same, then."

"Take care of Maggie? She's probably working herself crazy."

"I will," he nods.

"Everyone ready?" Cyndie asks, nearly bouncing on her feet in excitement.

"So.. So ready," Daniel breathes, all but floating on air as he walks in her direction.

"Everyone stay safe," Natania demands, "We should arrive within the week."

The five walk out of the gates and I feel my nerves spike again with the separation and promises to see one another later.

Once they're out of sight, Natania looks to Taeyang and I, "Well, we should start packing."