【145】

"It was a deep one, but.. You're lucky," Carson smiles, standing up.

I sigh, throwing my head back into the pillow though I soon regret the movement as my wound screams in pain.

"Careful," Taeyang scolds, rubbing my arm.

"Fucking asshole," I hiss.

"Me?" Taeyang asks.

"Not you," I frown, "Gregory."

"Good, my feelings were almost hurt," Taeyang admits.

I rest my eyes close, shaking my head against the material.

"I can't believe it was him.. But, now, it all makes sense. He had complete free range of this place, he'd be the only person that could ever get away with hiding things like that."

"I just.. I don't quite get it," Taeyang starts, "That Tony guy was just a Savior.. Now, Daryl is saying the ones still at the Sanctuary are.."

"Are what?" I ask, as he goes quiet.

"It's nothing," Taeyang denies.

I hold my hand up, "Bad husband lying to his wife after one day of being married."

Taeyang scoffs out a laugh, returning to rubbing soothing circles on my arm as I place my hand back on the bed.

"There was some writing.. Some are still saying that they're.. him.." 

"Negan?" I name.

"That's the one," Taeyang purses his lips.

The Saviors that were spared were still claiming to be Negan.. Just my luck.

"But," Taeyang changes his tone, scooting closer, "Maggie and Rick will take care of it. You just focus on getting better, you hear me?"

"That son of a bitch stabbed me," I groan, "I want to see what this 'better way' Maggie has planned."

"You will," Taeyang assures, "Daryl and the others are still building it, but when it's time we'll bring both you and Enid to see it."

At the name, I twist my head to look over to where Enid was laying in another bed.

"Has she been up?" I wonder.

"She was up a bit this morning.. She's doing a lot better. Carson wants her to stay in a wheelchair for a bit until he's certain of her injuries, but she's doing good."

Last night flashes in my head, remembering the sight of Enid on the ground, Maggie being attacked, and..

"Is Hershel okay?" I panic, the sight of the stroller stained in my mind.

"He's fine. No bumps, bruises, scratches, or anything.. He's a hundred percent healthy and safe. He's with Beth right now."

I lean back a bit back into my pillow, letting the traces Taeyang was making on my skin coax me to a more relaxed state. I look up at him, seeing his eyes that looked exhausted. I wondered how long he was up for, it seemed he hadn't gotten any sleep at all. But, my god, he still looked perfect as ever.

"I'm so in love with you," I sigh, reaching up to trace my thumb on his chin.

Taeyang smiles, leaning his head down to place a kiss on the pad of my thumb before resting his hand near my head to run his fingers through my hair.

"Carson didn't put you on that many meds. You sure you're all right?" he teases.

"I'm serious," I complain, "You're just.. the best."