【94】

It had been hours since Glenn informed of the group leaving and still no sign of them.

Jae and Jesus kept watch outside the office where as the rest of us were left to worry inside. Jessie and Ben stayed by Daniel who had opened his eyes for a little until Jessie urged him to rest and keep his energy up until the others got here.

As I sat against the wall, my bat in my left hand, my right in Taeyang's, and my head on his shoulder, I could feel the exhaustion grow.

We went on the run thinking it would just be a there and back to Hilltop where we would do our other jobs.. How it ended up here, I wasn't sure. But, I could only be grateful that we decided to go ahead and fix the machine earlier rather than waiting like our original plan had been.

"Guys.. Guys!" Jessie shouts, "Get in here! Doctor Carson!"

Rushing to our feet, we rush into the room only to see Jessie crying as Ben patted Daniel's arm.

"He stopped breathing," Ben chokes out.

Doctor Carson hastily makes it to his side, feeling his pulse before delcaring, "It's weak. He needs the medication now or else he's not making it another hour."

"Didn't you hear me? He's not breathing!" Ben shouts and Jessie wraps him in her arms, the two crumbling to the floor.

I drop my bat to the ground, going to the other side of the bed and looking down at Daniel.

"Now, little one, it's really simple. Just place your hands here and here, that's how you get the air out and the heart pumping," Hershel instructs.

I climb onto the edge of the bed, setting my hands on Daniel's chest.

"And it's one.. two.. three.. four.. You gotta stay on pace so it's easier for the person to get back."

I could hear Jessie and Ben crying as Carson instructed Heath to grab his bag so he could check Daniel's vitals. But, I kept my head clear, muttering the beats to myself.

"Then, you gotta be quick and blow as hard as you can. Remember to pinch the nose to the air doesn't escape and goes to their lungs."

Leaning over, I follow the old instructions from Hershel, making sure to not miss a step before returning to his chest.

"It's something beautiful, really," Hershel muses with a smile, "You're giving that person your air. You love that person so much that you're giving them your own breath."

"Taeyang.. radio.." I call leaning back from Daniel.

I could feel the radio being unclipped from my side before Taeyang is speaking, "Hyung? Hyung, are you there?"

"His pulse is getting stronger. Keep going, Hana," Carson reassures.

"Hyung?" Taeyang asks again, still no answer coming through.

"What if I can't do it? Why do I have to learn when you can just do it? Lori knows, too.. Why does it have to be me?" I ask Hershel.

"Well, I can't always be there.. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but I want to be sure that you have the smarts to do this if need be. This is to help you years and years down the road," Hershel smiles, patting my head.

"But.. But, what if I can't?" I worry again.

"Come on Daniel," I plead before breathing more air into his mouth.

"Darling, you can do anything. My little one is a warrior."

Daniel gasps in a deep breath, his eyes opening and I freeze.