【129】

Despite knowing the Saviors were more than likely divided between Hilltop and the Sanctuary, our guards stayed up the entire time we made our way to their main base.

Emerging from the trees, the sight of the Sanctuary sent chills down my spine like I was reuniting with the object of nightmares.

Directing everyone to stay low, Carl, Michonne, Daniel, Taeyang, Jae, Cyndie, and I huddle together.

"I'm thinking go in two teams," Carl reveals.

"Three," I deny, "One for Gabriel, one to guard, and one to find Negan."

"Who leads those, then?" Michonne questions.

"I'll take Alden and a couple others to get Gabriel," Taeyang nods.

"I'll back you up," Cyndie decides, "If he's injured, he'll need help out."

"Carl and Daniel can lead the guard," I figure, "You two have both been in here. You know the halls up close and personal."

"I thought you needed me to find Negan," Carl recalls.

"I know a better way. I was thinking about when I was in Woodbury on the way here. It was a wild goose chase trying to find his apartment. The only reason I made it through was because of Taeyang and I's plan," I remember, "But, if I can just find one person, it'll all work out. And I already know where she is."

"Dwight said Sherry got out," Daniel reminds.

"Close, but not quite. There's another woman, she's been through enough hell because of him. She'll help."

"Amber," Carl realizes, "Her boyfriend got ironed when we were here."

"That's the one," I nod.

"And you know where to find her?" Michonne questions.

"The wives are only allowed in the bar or their room.. I saw both when I was with Sherry. I find her, I get those women out, they help me find Negan."

"I'll go with you," Jae nudges my arm.

"We need you out here," Michonne quickly shuts down, "You need to get one of those big trucks. Things go south in there, we need a quick getaway."

"Monitoring Hana is kind of my job," Jae explains, "Glenn told me so. You were there, you remember what he said."

Michonne's eyes turn softer, but she shakes her head, "It's best to have someone on the outside."

"Then, you do it," Jae offers, "I've gotta back Hana up. Sorry, but that's my place."

"I've got her," Michonne argues, "You stay here."

"What beef do you have with Negan? Pretty sure hyung would tell us to keep it my way."

"Guys, we don't have time for arguing about positions," I cut through their words, "Things could be breaking down at Hilltop or they're already on their way back."

"Do rock, paper, scissors or something- but, Hana's right. We gotta go," Daniel adds.

"How about you both stay out here and I will go with my daughter?" dad offers, leaning closer, "That man killed my son and I'm not letting my daughter go in there after him without someone who would give themselves over her."

"I would take a hundred bullets for Hana," Jae informs him, "I'd do the same for hyung."

"Nobody is taking bullets for anybody," I state, "But, dad is right. And I'd feel safer having both of you out here together."

"Okay," Michonne sighs, "Jae and I stay here and get one of the trucks going just in case."

"Fine," Jae agrees unwillingly.

"Sasha, too," Taeyang points, "She's best at keeping a watchful eye. She'd know when things look like they're going wrong."

"And I'll go with Hana, too," Julie adds.

"No, you need to be with the guards. You, Kathy, Dianne, and Eduardo," I point to the remaining group, "We need our numbers in our guards."

"Negan-"

"Julie, you've never had to go face to face with someone like that," I remind, "It takes just as much self control as it does fighting. I get that you want to, but it's safer for you to be a guard. Inside or outside with Sasha, either way is fine."

"Fine," she sighs, "Just make sure you get it done."

"Everyone knows their spots?" Michonne asks, looking to everyone.

With soft words of agreement or nods of confirmation, we begin our way into the mission.

--

Separating in three ways was hard enough, being in the Sanctuary walls felt like I was trapped again.

Dad and I walked through the walls with guards up like never before, my hairs standing on my skin as my head felt light from my irregular breathing from fear.

Finding the bar, dad and I pull our guns up as there were three of Negan's wives in.

"Oh my god, you're Hana," one of the women recognizes, holding her hands in surrender.

"Is Sherry with you?" another asks.

"No. She got out after helping me. Is Negan here?" I redirect, lowering my gun.

"No, no.. I don't know where exactly he is.. W-What's happening?" the third asks.

"We're getting you out and I'm killing Negan like I promised Sherry," I explain, rushing to check the other room in search of the man in question.

"Getting us out? You're not killing us?" the first asks.

"Why would I do that? I know what he does to you, I know you don't want to be here," I remind, "Where's Amber?"

"Amber.. She's in our room. She's still tore up over everything."

"Dad," I call, "You get them out and to the others outside. I'll find Amber."

"I'm not leaving you here alone," dad refuses.

"You are," I argue, "These three need us. I'll find Amber and it'll all be okay."

"You do not do anything rash until I return," dad orders, waving for the three woman to follow him.

"Thank you," the second woman says, taking me off guard with a hug, "Good luck."

The other two give similar words, making their way by dad's side.

"Stay safe," he points.

"Of course," I nod.

Dad gives another look before hurrying the women back into the halls and hopefully safely outside.

I look around the room I'd seen in my nightmares- memories reeling from the day I was here. My eyes fall on the ground where I'd laid shattered on the floor after seeing the picture.

Taking a deep breath, I ease my hand to my pocket, retrieving the photo. I pull it up in view, taking another breath and opening my eyes.

Glenn's body, destroyed, broken, brutalized to the point of no recognition.

My brother that for years was more than that- father, mother, brother, sister, babysitter, guardian, protector, trainer.. best friend and all.

As I stare at the grave scene, my heartbeat is soon able to be heard in my ears. I nod to myself, placing the picture back in my pocket and pulling my bat tighter to me.

Rather or not it was time, I was ready regardless.

--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

hana is ready but im not wbu