【35】

"Why didn't you tell me?" Glenn demands, though his voice wavered.

"I needed you thinking clearly. I couldn't.. I couldn't lose you in this," Rick tries to comfort.

"That's my sister! I'm all she has! She's all I have! You should have told me!" Glenn shouts, the tears once again beginning to pour down his face.

Rick reaches to his pocket, pulling the note from the Governor out, "And tell you this? Could you have made it through these past two days if you knew?"

Glenn's eyes scan the letter quickly despite the tears, crumbling to his knees as he sees Hana's handwriting of her name and the sun she'd doodled.

Rick follows, resting his hand on Glenn's shoulder, "We need to be smart. We can't risk her getting injured like you and Maggie. Definitely not worse."

Glenn's free hand also lands on the letter, fingertip tracing her name and the sun.

"We do this the smart way, we get her back. Are you with me?" Rick asks, leaning down further in an attempt to catch Glenn's eyes.

Sun. The sun. Taeyang.

It might've been silly, it may just be Glenn's desperation not making him think straight. But, there had to be a reason Hana drew something so specific. She wouldn't do it without reason. And it had to be her doing, it matched the ink her name was written in.

Taeyang. Taeyang was the name of that boy in Tyreese's group. The group Hana was so distraught over when they left, pleading with Glenn to change things so they could stay.

"Glenn, are you with me?" Rick asks again, firmer this time.

Hana was with Taeyang. She wasn't alone.

Glenn nods, "What's the smart way?"

--

By nighttime, I had to stop walking once more for a break as my body felt like it was burning from the pain.

I found safety in a broken down car, resting in the backseat as I tried to catch my breath.

The night sounds were familiar, but seemed so much louder in the silence. The crickets, the birds, the breeze.. It sounded so much louder because I was.. Alone.

I was alone.

I was alone in a car, fighting my way back to the group.

"Sophia.." I whisper, the lump in my throat hard to speak past.

"I'm so sorry," I cry in the dark.

"For losing you. For going insane and talking to you. For being insane now and talking to you," I name, "I'm just sorry." 

Carol. I had to get back to Carol.

"T," I name, "Uncle T.."

I bring my injured hand to my chest, trying to soothe the pain my heart was feeling.

"You saved me. In the street, in that car.. So many times. I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm so sorry."

T, Andrea, and Daryl were the ones to find me in that car. T was gone, Andrea was further ahead.

Daryl. I had to get back to Daryl.

My head feels dizzy before my sight goes black once more.

--

The morning was colder than the night, yet I kept moving.

With the distant growls, I pulled my knife from my pocket, wishing I had my bat instead. My bat that Rick fixed and made it better..