【126】

Two hours is how long it took until Nolan brought us back to the meeting room.

Within those two hours, we were quick to scope the place out and ask questions about Georgie. There was another set of gates further past the building the council held their meetings that dad had built. After the herd broke through on them, they decided it was best to divide up their camp- the second gate and walls leading to the food pantry, infirmary, and crop fields.

The structures Tina and Georgie spoke of were there as well. As we asked around, everyone informed that Georgie's deals were completely true and have since changed the trajectory of lives in Demeter.

"Nice to see you again, sorry for the wait," Jonah greets as we're lead back into the room.

The council were all standing, so we mirror by staying on our feet as well.

"Ms. Hana Rhee," Jonah calls, stepping around the table and offering his hand to me.

I look down to his hand, glancing to Taeyang who nods, then to dad who gives the same motion.

Carefully, I place my hand in his, my bandaged palm a contrast to his.

"It would be a pleasure to work alongside you," Jonah smiles, "Demeter will assist in every way fit to help your people."

I hold down the bubbling excitement, giving a stern nod, "We're more than glad to have you with us."

"I have twenty eight capable fighters," Jonah names, releasing my hand to retrieve the notepad from Nancy, "Fighters, four vehicles, an armory that is completely at your disposal so do take what you need, MREs, as well as asylum for anyone who wishes to take place here in Demeter once the war is over."

He taps his hand on the notepad, looking to the six of us, "Would that be enough to garner a trade?"

"More than enough," Cyndie says in awe.

"What do you want in return?" I ask- knowing this was still a trade after all.

Jonah gives me a look, pointing his finger, "Of course, our side.."

He flips to the next page and I inhale deeply, hoping we could come close to matching what he was willing to trade. We were running low on food, vehicles, and weapons were needed for everyone.

"Demeter asks for a fifth of the weapons obtained from the Saviors once they've fallen. There are five communities, a fifth is only fair. Records so we may keep up our trades with Ms. Georgie in which you've become familiar with. Scrap materials so we may expand our walls under Mr. Rhee's guidance. And the acceptance to stay in the trading route in the future once the threat has been eliminated."

"But, I must admit that we are prioritizing the scrap materials for our walls. It is of upmost importance that is the main thing we trade for," Nancy adds on and Jonah nods in agreement.

The weapons were already a decided factor- it wouldn't be a problem. Records we could find on runs. Demeter staying in the trading route was a no brainer.. The scrap material.. Alexandria already used everything from the old construction- most going on the cars as shields.

As though reading my mind, Taeyang pats my arm, "Jadis."

Jadis.. Rick and Michonne said all of Jadis' people were gone which meant the scrap yards were up for taking. There was hundreds of material there anyone could use for building, especially someone like dad who knew what he was doing better than anyone.

"Deal," I agree.

"Great," Jonah sets the notepad down, "We must get to work then."

--